• If you are new to these Forums, please take a moment to register using the fields above.


No announcement yet.

GTD Filing Cabinet setup: what is the hardware called?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • GTD Filing Cabinet setup: what is the hardware called?

    What is the piece of hardware called which pushes files to the front of the drawer as described by David Allen in his GTD books?

    I went to OfficeMax and OfficeDepot today and neither could "name that hardware". They also carried no file cabinets which had that hardware-- everyone has Pendaflex frames for insertion into file cabinet drawers.

    I came home and did a quick Google but had no luck either.

    It looks like most metal filing cabinets have a series of holes drilled down both sides and a system of ridges in the bottom to support some sort of metal flange which would could be moved forward and back in the drawer but I've not found a supplier of such hardware.

    Thanks for suggestions.


    Last edited by gandalfrat; 05-17-2009, 10:29 AM. Reason: misspell

  • #2
    And the winner is: "Follower"

    The hardware is called a Follower.

    For my HON file cabinet, it's this piece: