Looking to work across Lotus Notes and Apple

Peter Parbery

Registered
Hi all,

I'm looking to try out GTD, and wondering which software (or combination thereof) to set myself up with. I use Lotus Notes on a PC at work, at home I have iMac and iPad. I have a work iPhone with Lotus Notes Traveller set up.

I've been reading about options - Evernote, Wunderlist etc - but have not found anything that obviously works across my platforms.

Thanks!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Hi all,

I'm looking to try out GTD, and wondering which software (or combination thereof) to set myself up with. I use Lotus Notes on a PC at work, at home I have iMac and iPad. I have a work iPhone with Lotus Notes Traveller set up.

I've been reading about options - Evernote, Wunderlist etc - but have not found anything that obviously works across my platforms.

Thanks!

Hi Peter, do you have Lotus Notes installed on the iMac at home, or have web access to Lotus Notes through the iMac? If so, you could have your email, calendar, and tasks synchronize using Traveler. Of course that means your personal system is stored within your work .nsf mail database, which may not be your preference. It could be that you'll end up with two systems, one for work in Notes, and one for personal that runs on the iMac and iPad.

Peter Parbery

Registered
Hi John, thanks very much for your helpful response. I do have access to Lotus Notes via the Mac at home, so that is an option, though it means going into my work context on the weekend. I'll think about whether I'd rather do that, or run parallel systems as you say.

On a related question, how hard / worthwhile would it be to coordinate at GTD system with my partner Becky? Many of our domestic activities are shared projects of course. She has the same home computer set up, but a different work set up. Do many people find it worthwhile sharing? This will also influence my choice of system (it would rule out the Lotus Notes option).