Mindsweep with Kelly

Oogiem

Registered
Is there any resolution to the software problems a lot of us experienced? I got so frustrated that I didn't stay for the whole thing because I couldn't get the chat stuff to work properly. Since all that was on my mind was how poorly the software was working I gave up.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
We found out that there are feature differences in different versions of the Zoom software. Some versions have the option for the attendee to chat to the entire group, and some have a default that limits the chat feature for attendees to panelists only. The main reason we were trying Zoom is because we want all attendees to have the option to chat with the whole group, so everyone's comments are visible to everyone. We're still digging into this, and will have more information well before the next webinar.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Will there be a video recording of this available soon?

We didn't get a good recording of the last one, due to the participant issues with the chat window. It would have been too much to edit out. So we just scheduled another one for Friday, June 9 at 9AM PT. John should be getting the link up soon. Hope that helps!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Will there be a video recording of this available soon?
I've just posted the link to the next Guided Mind Sweep, scheduled for June 9. It's at the top of the webinars section on the right side of the GTD Connect home page. Hope to 'see' you there!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
A bit more follow-up about the Zoom platform. Our main reason for trying it out was because we'd heard it could make the attendees questions, answers, and comments visible to all attendees, not just to the panelists. That functionality was only available to a few attendees on May 19, and we needed to do more testing to find out whether the issue was on the host or client side. We've found that a way to enable it from the host side. We still recommend that attendees install the latest version of Zoom, available here. It's the first client option.
https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
A bit more follow-up about the Zoom platform. Our main reason for trying it out was because we'd heard it could make the attendees questions, answers, and comments visible to all attendees, not just to the panelists. That functionality was only available to a few attendees on May 19, and we needed to do more testing to find out whether the issue was on the host or client side. We've found that a way to enable it from the host side. We still recommend that attendees install the latest version of Zoom, available here. It's the first client option.
https://zoom.us/download#client_4meeting
Sounds good, John. Cheers!

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
When will this be available in connect? Looking forward to it!!

I think John is working on it. As luck (ugh...) would have it, there was a bug in the Zoom software on recording video, so I believe he is pulling together an audio-only version for you.