Possible to set up Hubspot CRM for GTD?

TAF

Registered
I like the capability of Hubspot CRM for keeping track of details of my contacts, but am having trouble figuring out how to set it up as a GTD tool. Can't find anything written anywhere about this. Has anyone done it?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
I don't know that I've ever seen anything specific about Hubspot and GTD. I will tell you that most CRMs are hopeless as an effective primary GTD system for a number of reasons. First, they are rarely built to support freeform lists (you have a huge number of things in your life that have nothing to do with customers/clients). Second, they often get seriously overcomplicated with dependencies and collaborative features.

I would recommend a blended system using Hubspot for tracking CRM-type activities and get an external system (a list manager like Outlook, Wunderlist, Todoist, OminFocus, etc.) that tracks all of your projects and actions.

TAF

Registered
Thanks. The closest I've found is OnePageCRM, but it doesn't have great integration with email yet. (They are in beta on that...)

I don't know that I've ever seen anything specific about Hubspot and GTD. I will tell you that most CRMs are hopeless as an effective primary GTD system for a number of reasons. First, they are rarely built to support freeform lists (you have a huge number of things in your life that have nothing to do with customers/clients). Second, they often get seriously overcomplicated with dependencies and collaborative features.

I would recommend a blended system using Hubspot for tracking CRM-type activities and get an external system (a list manager like Outlook, Wunderlist, Todoist, OminFocus, etc.) that tracks all of your projects and actions.

aderoy

Registered
Depending on your requirements in a CRM (multi-user or single?) there is one calls Intellect from ChaosSoftware that can be used for GTD.
Features:
  • Contacts (duh)
  • Tasks (can be assigned to contacts and contexts - one to one or one to many)
  • Projects
  • emails (with forms or sequence steps)
  • calendar (multiple, linked to contact)

E-mail (IMAP) is one spot it needs improvement, for POP3 no problem.

more can be found at http://www.chaossoftware.com/

TAF

Registered
Depending on your requirements in a CRM (multi-user or single?) there is one calls Intellect from ChaosSoftware that can be used for GTD.
Features:
  • Contacts (duh)
  • Tasks (can be assigned to contacts and contexts - one to one or one to many)
  • Projects
  • emails (with forms or sequence steps)
  • calendar (multiple, linked to contact)

E-mail (IMAP) is one spot it needs improvement, for POP3 no problem.

more can be found at http://www.chaossoftware.com/
Thanks. I'll have a look