Due Dates Collaboration

sparkle

Registered
Oh, just for clarification: I'm using Omnifocus, too. :)

There, I'm using the Due Dates, but only for the hard fixed deadlines. When I'm mentioning the calendar, I actually mean the calendar view of Omnifocus where only the tasks with due dates are listed.

In my next action lists, all next action are shown (with and without due dates).

mcogilvie

Registered
Oh, just for clarification: I'm using Omnifocus, too. :)

There, I'm using the Due Dates, but only for the hard fixed deadlines. When I'm mentioning the calendar, I actually mean the calendar view of Omnifocus where only the tasks with due dates are listed.

In my next action lists, all next action are shown (with and without due dates).

OF's Forecast view actually separates calendar events from next actions for each day. If you have the pro version (more $$), you can set up customized views for due and soon-due tasks. Your real calendar doesn't have to show any next actions if you don't want them there. I'm now confused about what the issue is.

sparkle

Registered
Actually, it's not about the tools it's about the process. ;) I simply do want to set due dates only for hard fixed deadlines and nothing else.

TesTeq

Registered
Actually, it's not about the tools it's about the process. ;) I simply do want to set due dates only for hard fixed deadlines and nothing else.
OK. So for me EVERY deadline agreed with another person is hard fixed. It's part of my professional and personal reputation. I can renegotiate it to hard fix it in another place on the timeline or even to cancel it but if it exists it is hard fixed.

mcogilvie

Registered

And you want to define what is or is not a hard fixed deadline when you're working with other people. I don't think I have any useful advice for you. This is something you need to figure out for yourself so that it works for you.

Last edited: