GTD and Creative Expression webinar with David Allen

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
We've scheduled a new live webinar with David Allen. Join David Allen, Rick Kantor, and Robert Peake for an inspiring look at how they create space for creativity to flourish.

September 7, 7:00AM–8:15AM Pacific

We're starting this one earlier than usual, so we can make the live webinar available to a larger part of our global community.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Yes, I'm looking forward to it as well. David has been painting recently, Robert's poetry gets published regularly, and Rick teaches about creativity.

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
This was outstanding! John, let us know when the recording will be available. Now....off to be creative....:)

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
I'm really glad to hear that y'all enjoyed it. Even though I was watching the clock, I kept wanting to ask all three of them to say more about everything they brought up. I have a list of possible areas to explore if we do a follow-up webinar.

We managed to finish in time for dinner in Amsterdam (David), tea in England (Robert), and breakfast in California (Rick and John).

We'll get the recording posted soon.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
And one more very important compliment to express: The chat stream was awesome! Such creative contributions, book references, interesting angles on the topics, and more. Big thanks to all of you!

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Just posted! Whew, it took awhile just to corral the references and links these guys came up with. Four books, two articles, one video, one image stream, and a machine that prompts you with ideas to create around.

The video/audio of the slide presentation and the audio-only are both on the home page of GTD Connect, and linked in the webinars panel on the right.

Ravine61

GTD'R 4 Life
Hi John & forum audience;

I am about 1/2 of the way done with listening to the "GTD & Creative Expression" webinar. One gem I have gotten from it is:
* Using a GTD methodology helps to create "space" in our life and minds, by organizing our "stuff" (emotional, work, personal, etc).
* By creating this space in our lives, it allows us to be more "present", and also eliminates being overwhelmed
* This process then allows us to identify more opportunities (to be creative)

Really good stuff!