2 computers - use pst?

R

RussReynolds

I have 2 computers, 1 at home and 1 at the office. I don't mix any work between the 2 (my home one is for my business).

The problem is that I put more info on my home one that is sensitive and I sync that to my Windows Mobile. My work computer runs on an Outlook exchange server.

I have downloaded clearcontext on both computers. I would somehow like to move all tasks and appointments to my home computer to have everything in one place. Is this possible to do? I read some posts about running outlook from a pst file on a jump drive. Can anyone clarify how this works?

Thanks alot guys,
Russ

L

lmw

I don't know about that, but Google calendar allows syncing for multiple calendars - so you could have them both in one place. You can upload your work & home calendars to Google Calendar then keep them synced

AndyD

Registered
"I would somehow like to move all tasks and appointments to my home computer to have everything in one place..."

@Russ, do you mean to do this as a one-off just to get the work info home this time?

Or do you mean to do it regularly so work is always synced at home?

best regards,

Andy.

Borisoff

Registered
I use external ZIV that holds my PST file. I connect the drive to my work computer and I see the same when I connect the drive to home computer. The only problem that I couldn't solve is syncing. I sync with home computer. When I connect the Palm to my work computer it starts to overwrite everything and doesn't recognize that that's the same phone. I think that's not Outlook problem but ActiveSync problem...

R

RussReynolds

AndyD;52205 said:
"I would somehow like to move all tasks and appointments to my home computer to have everything in one place..."

@Russ, do you mean to do this as a one-off just to get the work info home this time?

Or do you mean to do it regularly so work is always synced at home?

best regards,

Andy.

Hi Andy,

I want to do it regularly.

I receive email requests and tasks at work that have to go into the system but I cannot sync my windows mobile with my work computer. Also, I have a small business at home so I need to be able to keep my home computer organized.

Google calenders sounds interesting. Has anyone else given that a try?

banjoplucker

Registered
My Life Organised running off a USB thumb drive

Hello,

I am able to interact with my corporate Outlook system by running MLO from a USB drive as our policies allow these devices. MLO is able yo import from Outlook tasks, and any attached emails that have been sent to Outlook tasks appear in the notes for the MLO task items.

Regards

Ritchie