#2. What do you do with....

mavakil

Registered
roakleyca;48888 said:
"Practice yoga more regularily"

Assumptions: you have all the gear and space at home for the practice and you already know how to practice yoga.

I was struggling with how/where do I track my "going to gym" too. I use Outlook and a PDA (Blackberry in my case) for my GTD system. My system to track my physical fitness has nicely evolved over time.

In the begining, I would treat my Going to Gym as a task that I can do anytime of the day. So for the days that I would go to the gym, I would create an appointment, and make it an all day event so that it would appear on the top of my calendar in Outlook as well as my Blackberry.

The downside of doing the above is, that because I did not firm up when I would like to (& would be the best time to go to the gym) hence each time I'd look at my calendar my mind would instantly be filled with thoughts such as...hmm should I go to gym now, Maybe during my lunch break after a few hours? Or after work... or how about first thing in the morning? on and on and on.

That made me realise that gyming for me is not really an activity that I can easily do any time of the day, but it's something that's most efficiently done when I have an assigned date as well as time to it.

So an effective workout regime would be one where I can work out 4 to 5 times a day. Therefore I've sat and thought through, the days that would be best for me to workout and also the time when it would most suitable to do so also. I've gone ahead made calendar entries for all of these and making a habit of keeping that appointment with myself. I have also created an Area Of Focus note to maintain Health and Vitality, which I'm supposed to review every few months or so. Ta da. There you have it :)

Keep smiling :) ,
Arif

A

A2JC4life

cornell;48896 said:
For repeating actions to be ritualized, some folks like to keep a weekly matrix form in which you check off whether (or how many times) you did yoga that week. This kind of "information radiator" can be helpful when kept in a prominent place.

Does anyone have an example of such a form?