A linchpin or a cog?

TesTeq

Registered
Do you feel a resistance to capture everything?

Or to process and organize?

Or to review your system?

Or to look at your @context lists and actually do something?

Horizons of focus will help you prioritize your goals but first you've got to have these goals.

The most recent Seth Godin's book "Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?" may help you see the world differently and understand why you are not looking at your lists (your lizard brain tries to stop you). Hopefully you will be motivated to rethink your life strategy and decide if you want to be a linchpin or a cog.

I've just read the Kindle version of this book and I highly recommend it. It may be one of the most important books of 2010.

Oogiem

Registered
TesTeq;76502 said:
The most recent Seth Godin's book "Linchpin: Are You Indispensable?" may help you see the world differently and understand why you are not looking at your lists (your lizard brain tries to stop you).

I just went to look for it but it's not available on kindle for folks in the US :-(

TesTeq

Registered
Really?

Oogiem;76508 said:
I just went to look for it but it's not available on kindle for folks in the US :-(

Really? I can't believe! I thought that every Kindle publication is available in the USA!

With Kindle version of "Linchpin" I've received a free bonus - Seth Godin's e-book "Insubordinate".

"Linchpin" is a very emotional manifesto about the new opportunities for creative people in the Internet economy.

apinaud

Registered
I am 60% on the book on the US Kindle.

I agree, it is a great book...

Its nice to be able to openly admit when my Lizard Brain is messing up with me...

letega

Registered
Got it from the Sony EReader Store

Thanks so much for the suggestion.

I just finished "Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe..." on the reader and loved it. And I was looking for the next book.

BTW - Born to Run totally motivated me to run again. And I'm loving it.

TesTeq

Registered
Procrastination is caused by fear.

apinaud;76518 said:
Its nice to be able to openly admit when my Lizard Brain is messing up with me...

In recent years I was realizing that in most of the cases procrastination is caused by fear - both fear of failure and fear of success (success leads us to unknown lands). Now I know the source of these fears - it's the lizard brain!

hikerpa

Registered
Oogiem,

Have you checked your settings under the kindle management page. I live in Pittsburgh, PA and I'm able to purchase without any trouble.
Sorry you having problems.
Ellen

I just sent myself the sample of the book and it worked fine.

Barb

Registered
Me too

Oogie,

I'm seeing the same thing you are seeing. Most likely, this book is caught up in a publishing dispute with Amazon somehow. I hope this kind of thing isn't going to keep happening.

hikerpa

Registered
Oogie,

I'm at a loss. Not sure why some people can download and others can't. I guess asking Amazon is your best bet. Let us know what they say.

Ellen