A separate category for meetings planning calls?

Borisoff

Registered
I like to plan two or three meetings for the second part of the day (from 12 to 17) in the morning leaving morning hours free for my @Calls, @Computer and @Office tasks. Actually the planning itself goes down to making simple calls. I keep "meeting" calls along with other calls at the @Calls category but that's not very convinient as when I'm planning I need to see only "meeting" calls to assess their relative priorities in order to plan more important meetings first.

- Did you have any experience with that kind of tasks?
- Do you think such tasks worth a separate category?
- What's your way of dealing with them?
- Any other interesting ideas about this problem?

jknecht

Registered
What's the difference between a "meeting call" and a "call"?

My assumption: A "meeting call" is something that was previously scheduled.

In this case, the call should be on your calendar, not in your "Next Action" lists. If you want to keep notes regarding the agenda for the meeting, then you can either capture those notes on the calendar itself or in your "agendas" list.

jknecht

Registered
Err... on second reading of your question, maybe you mean that you are using your "calls" list to try to actually create a schedule, and some of those calls are more critical than others but you can't readily see that from a single context list(?)

It sounds like you have already identified a secondary context that will help you -- why not just create a separate "@meeting calls" context?

Borisoff

Registered
You've got the idea in the second reply. Yes, it looks like a separate category would help. I just wanted different opinions. And how to call this new category as @Meeting Calls is too long to write :)

hth

Registered
Borisoff;53122 said:
You've got the idea in the second reply. Yes, it looks like a separate category would help. I just wanted different opinions. And how to call this new category as @Meeting Calls is too long to write :)

Why not @MC?
It's just for you!

Yours
Alexander