Advice / Collaboration - Weekly Email Reviews

ArthurSLee

Registered
I personally haven't seen this particular topic discussed a lot but it has helped me so far the past few weeks. The idea was to have a way to review my emails quickly every week. I would like to see what people think about it. BTW, I do work for one of the software vendors but all of the downloads are free for this. I am more interesting in collaborating on how to make this a better process to improve my/our productivity.

The idea is to identify hot spots around ineffective email collaboration or emails about particularly important projects. I wrote a blog post about it (
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/qlik-sense-gtd-email-inbox-happiness-arthur-lee) but here it is if you don't want to bother going to LinkedIn:

Are you happy with how you are leveraging your email? Are you trying to be more productive with your emails? Can you use your email to help you better prepare for a future meeting, presentation or event? I previously wrote about how I was using Visual Analytics with Qlik Sense to analyze my emails.

Interested?

I have written up detailed instructions on how to set this up easily.

How to use this powerful combination? Here are a few suggestions based on how I have been using it the past two weeks:
  • Preparation before meetings - I can easily see whom I communicated with for a particular topical area. This is super easy using our Global Smart Search.
  • Identify potential bottlenecks - If I see a particular person that I email numerous times, I review them to see if I need to arrange a call with them.
  • Weekly GTD reviews - I review emails from key people and important work items to understand: if I achieved my objectives for the week, and to plan for the upcoming week.
  • What will you use it for?
Here is the link on How to Analyze your Outlook Email with Qlik Sense. Enjoy! Videos will come next.

I would love feedback from this audience, your thoughts, what would make it better. I am willing to help out of course if you have troubles getting it to work. But the other question "are you doing something similar"? If yes, how? If no, does this make sense to do at all in terms of GTD? I suppose if you follow all of the steps of GTD perhaps this isn't needed at all?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments.