Anyone designing a GTD app for the iPhone?

loumf

Registered
I developed a GTD companion iPhone application

Before the iPhone, I developed a web based GTD system for myself -- it had most of the normal stuff you see out there (e.g. context based to-do's, basic projects, a "someday" file). I had one thing that I found rather useful though, and I haven't seen it an any of the other systems I tried out.

Often, you have things that are like recurring events, but not really. They don't have to be done on a set schedule, and it's ok to skip them once in a while. I call these things Habits, and I developed a simple iPhone app that you can use in addition to your to-do app (I use Things, by the way).

You can learn more about my GTD companion iPhone App on my site.

Basically, you enter in the habit you want to form and an idea of how often you want to do them (every weekend, every 2 to 3 days, every other day, etc). When you start up Habits, you get a sorted list of the habits you are supposed to do (overdue at top, time to do next, and then the upcoming ones -- which you can still do if you want).

Over time, you can see how good you've been. Right now, I show a simple breakdown of on-time vs. late, but I will be adding more on this in future updates.

RHDefense

Registered
Omnifocus for Windows?

emptyinbox;49960 said:
Kinkless - the people who developed kGTD software (excellent GTD software application) are developing (or maybe working with people who are developing) an improved version called omnifocus. They intend for this to be made available on iphone.

www.omnigroup.com/applications/omnifocus/

H

Wow! I just watched the basics video on this application. This is practically
perfect for what I want. It looks like it's only available for the Mac, though.

Is there anything like this application for Windows?

DanW

Registered
Nubi Do

You may want to try Nubi Do. I love it and use it almost everyday to manage all of my tasks. Used to use Things which is a good tool but this one is far better. Doesn't have a desktop app though..

Plan4life

Registered
iGTD

Check out iGTD. You can download it for free at versiontracker.com. It syncs with iCal so your action items will be on your iPhone. Next best thing to an actual iPhone app.
-LW

mcogilvie

Registered
Plan4life;68510 said:
Check out iGTD. You can download it for free at versiontracker.com. It syncs with iCal so your action items will be on your iPhone. Next best thing to an actual iPhone app.
-LW

An update: the author of iGTD is now working for Cultured Code, the company that publishes Things, another popular gtd app for the mac and for the iphone. Users who contributed to the development of iGTD are getting vouchers for free copies of Things.