Apology

bcmyers2112

Registered
I owe an apology. Yesterday I deleted a bunch of my comments in other people's threads, and also deleted a few threads I started. I figured this might be the best way to apologize, because honestly I can't remember everyone whose comments ended up getting deleted as a result of what I did.

I am not offering this as an excuse, but I live with major depressive disorder. I was in the grips of an episode, and, strange as this may sound, felt the need to "erase" myself. My actions didn't come from malice.

As you can imagine, this is difficult for me to be public about. I think it's what's best, though.

Hopefully, I can find a way to avoid being on the forum in the future if I find myself in such a state again. In any event, for whatever it is worth, I really am sorry.

ivanjay205

Registered
I owe an apology. Yesterday I deleted a bunch of my comments in other people's threads, and also deleted a few threads I started. I figured this might be the best way to apologize, because honestly I can't remember everyone whose comments ended up getting deleted as a result of what I did.

I am not offering this as an excuse, but I live with major depressive disorder. I was in the grips of an episode, and, strange as this may sound, felt the need to "erase" myself. My actions didn't come from malice.

As you can imagine, this is difficult for me to be public about. I think it's what's best, though.

Hopefully, I can find a way to avoid being on the forum in the future if I find myself in such a state again. In any event, for whatever it is worth, I really am sorry.
I think everyone can agree that any deletion is a very minor inconvenience and your health is way more important. If it helped you in the moment, so be it but I hope you are now doing well and on the road to health and happiness. And if being in the forum helps as a release to express yourself do not hide from it even if it means a future deletion!

gtdstudente

Registered

bcmyers212,

All good. . . .

To self and anyone else interested . . . do life a favor and just keep on rapidly 'consequentially small' Next Actioning plump Projects for easiest potential Next Action(s) misstep recovery?

Thank you for the GTD reflection . . . good on you for helping another person . . . have a well deserved great day!

As you see GTD fit

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases

There is nothing to apologize for. Nothing. You are a beloved member here, and we always enjoy your posts. We care about your well-being. If you ever need to talk, please reach out to me. Take care.

Tom_Hagen

Registered
We use GTD to improve the quality of our lives, not for GTD's sake. Therefore - I think - that for every GTD-user here, your quality of life is more important than some deleted posts. Stay warm - you are not alone.

bcmyers2112

Registered
I'd like to thank everyone for their understanding, compassion and encouragement. I've actually been doing fairly well for the last couple of weeks. But I put off responding because I wasn't sure how to do so. Today it dawned on me that if you want to thank someone, it's usually as simple as saying "thank you."

So, again, thank you.

bcmyers2112

Registered
There is nothing to apologize for. Nothing. You are a beloved member here, and we always enjoy your posts. We care about your well-being. If you ever need to talk, please reach out to me. Take care.
While I would say I'm definitely blessed by having a lot of people in my life I can reach out to -- and thankfully, I have the good sense to do so -- I don't think it's possible to make too many good connections in life. I'll PM you.