Are ScanCards Still Around?

bartco

Registered
I'm curious if anyone knows if ScanCards or Executive Gallery is still around? Their website and phone number still works, but I have left voicemails and not gotten any return calls. Additionally, the emails I have sent get bounced back. I've seen past threads regarding ScanCards but they are from a few years back. I know Levenger offers similar items, but they are quite pricey.

I'm sharing the GTD methodology with my teenage kids, and one is more paper oriented while the other prefers electronics. I used ScanCards myself years ago and they were quite helpful when I was in a different "space" developing and tweaking my systems.

Any insight would be appreciated.... Bart

smithdoug

Registered
Something similar from Levenger

I honestly don't know if Scan Cards are still around or not. But I have noticed that Levenger has something quite similar. The only difference is that Levenger uses the ubiquitous 3"x5" card format instead of Scan Cards square card format and the folios they have for holding them are nice leather; and undoubtedly a lot more expensive.

stwing

Registered
In addition to the expensive leather folios, Levenger also sells inexpensive 3-ring and circa-punched inserts that hold 3" x 5" cards. I have used both (printing on the cards with "next action" and other lists available from DIY Planner). Levenger also has an index card "bleacher" that seems to be on sale perennially.

If you search on Flickr for "GTD" you'll see a lot of novel paper-based implementations, including many using index cards and various ways to store/sort/view those cards.
Shawn.

GTDWorks

Registered
I used ScanCard back in the 80's and loved it. But Day-Timer came along and I join the millions who went with their system.

mcogilvie

Registered
bartco;57362 said:
I'm curious if anyone knows if ScanCards or Executive Gallery is still around? Their website and phone number still works, but I have left voicemails and not gotten any return calls. Additionally, the emails I have sent get bounced back. I've seen past threads regarding ScanCards but they are from a few years back. I know Levenger offers similar items, but they are quite pricey.

I never used it, but I seem to recall that Scancard basically folded a few years ago. There was some hint of a legal settlement, and some remaining inventory was being sold off at a steep discount.

bartco

Registered
All- DO NOT ATTEMPT TO OPEN THE ABOVE LINK.... My computer detected it as spyware trying to hijack my computer. Administrator, please remove the post from airdryer8