Attaching NA to Area of Focus in Nozbe without a project

Hi! I have Next Actions that are not attached to a Project, but they do fall under an Area of Focus.
It seems in Nozbe Areas o​f Focus would be identified using 'project tags'​​.

What do people do when they have a Next Action that they want to ​attach to an AofF without involving a Project?

Any ideas much appreciated! :)
​​​​

Folke

Registered
A workaround that I have used with many differnt apps is I collect these no-project tasks in a regular project container named after the area. I usually have about 10-12 areas all in all and hence have 10-12 such "fake projects". I use a different naming convention for these "projects" to make them stand out a bit in the project list. It may not be a perfect solution, but it works for me. It helps me to review my stuff area by area.

In addition, many apps have tags (aka labels, contexts, categories ...) and you may want to one of those features, too, if that helps you filter or group your next actions.

Thank you Folke, that works! I will do the 'fake project' thing :)

I've also realised another thing I can do. I'll use the daily recurring Next Actions 'Write in morning journal' and 'Write in evening journal' as an example. I was going to have these as NAs without Projects, kept under my 'Wellbeing' Area of Focus. It's occurred to me it would be good to make a Project such as 'Write in journal every morning and evening for 30 days'. It's a project because it has an end result. At the end of the 30 days that project's finished, giving me a chance to review and adapt my journal (the journal has certain questions to be answered each morning & evening, & these may need to change over time). Then I'll start on the next 30 days or whatever. I can do the same for any other habits such as 'Meditate', 'Go for a jog' etc.

Thanks again for the help :)

tomstubbs

Registered
I am a task management software filanderer. I have played and used almost all of them. None are perfect, and much depends on your personality and circumstances, but I keep coming back to Nozbe. It absolutely provides every feature I need, especially for work in teams. So, kudos, Antoinette, for using Nozbe. It is outstanding. You can extend Folke's wonderful idea to another Nozbe issue. As it now stands, unless I am wrong (which is often enough),if you create a single stand alone task, it can only be assigned to you. Nozbe allows you to assign a task to someone else only if that task is part of a project where you have associated that other person. In my small office, I frequently have single tasks that are not part of a larger project that I need to assign to my assistant. So, I created a fake project called "AAA Single Tasks". (I put the AAA at the front because I keep my projects alphabetized and like to have that project at the top of my list.) I then associate my assistant to that project. Anytime I have a single task that I want to assign to my assistant, I make the task part of the AAA Single Tasks project. Then I can assign it as needed to someone else.