Best smartphone for GTD?

mikozoid

Registered
Hello,

I’m thinking of getting a smartphone for the first time and am considering AT&T Tilt. If you have used it, would you recommend it? Or is there anything better out there for GTD use? I use Outlook as my main list management tool.

Thank you in advance!

dragynox

Registered
I use the 8125 which is a precursor to the Tilt. The Tilt will work just fine for GTD. I also use Outlook as my GTD application.

One piece of software that I would recommend for GTD with Outlook on Windows Mobile is SPB Diary.

funkym

Registered
mikozoid;59894 said:
Hello,

I’m thinking of getting a smartphone for the first time and am considering AT&T Tilt. If you have used it, would you recommend it? Or is there anything better out there for GTD use? I use Outlook as my main list management tool.

Thank you in advance!

I can definitely recommend the BlackBerry Curve 8320 for GTD :)

mikozoid

Registered
Thank you for your response funkym!

Does BlackBerry Curve 8320 synch with Outlook (including Categories for Tasks, and if possible, for Notes)? Please advise.

Thank you!

GTDWorks

Registered
I've been a long term Treo user and the PDA functionality is somewhat bare bones on the BB. But I've grown very comfortable with the OS now and it syncs well with my iCal and OmniFocus programs.

Andre Kibbe

Registered
Another Treo user chiming in here. Actually, I've switched to the Centro, but it's really the same difference. The Treo is probably a better choice for sheer productivity, due to the better keyboard and vastly superior battery life. Personally, I'm not a fan of Windows Mobile's menu-driven interface, but after testing the 800w, I'm considering switching, and adding a Celio Redfly for netbook functionality.

If you go with the Palm, you might want to take a look of my GTD configuration instructions in my post, How to Set up GTD on a Palm.

mikozoid

Registered
Thank you GTDWorks and Andre!!

So which one of the following works best for GTD use and syncs best with Outlook?? Please advise.

AT&T Tilt
BlackBerry Curve 8320
800w

Borisoff

Registered
I'm for Windows Mobile device as it simply syns with Outlook, supports categories in tasks and all the rest that's needed for GTD setup. I use Treo 750.