Connect - is there a particular reason the threads are being marked as read?

mcogilvie

Registered
Help needed keeping up with fora

OK, I'm losing ground here. As I understand it, each area, for example "Contents of Features" will have a blue icon on the left hand side if there is unread material inside, and gray if not. The right hand side appears to display the latest post whether or not I've read it. So it now seems I have to go through a lot of steps to look at what's new. Click inside each area, look at stuff to see what's marked as new, click on entries, and on and on. I used to miss things but not much, and it was much faster. Also, the main page doesn't seem to update very quickly once I've looked at everything. Reading posts has become tedious. What am I doing wrong?

Barb

Registered
Try this

Just click the gray tab at the top..."what's new in the forums". After you've gone through and seen everything you want, click "forum actions" and "mark forums read". That resets to zero. Going forward, just click "what's new in the forums" and only stuff you haven't read will come up.

I like it, but I still click "mark forums read" because there are many public threads I'm just not interested in seeing. But the pickup for me is, as long as I don't mark them all as read", they will wait for me. So all and all, a good change.