Creative Checklists

tulipcowgirl

Registered
stargazer_rick said:
Most recently I've started keeping a list of "romantic things to do" for those times that I'm not feeling very creative but yet I feel a need to do something creative and romantic for my wife.
Could you speak to my husband? J/K. :)

some of my lists:
beauty products to try
books to read
music to buy
recipes to try
fall/winter chore checklist
fall gardening checklist
etc... for all seasons
foods to avoid (nutrition)
foods that heal (nutrition)
gtd-weekly review checklist
my projects
things to invest in: ETF's, VIPER's, other funds, stocks, etc...
things I would need to start a handmade card business
movies to see
travel checklists: by airplane, PSU camping, by car
master grocery list
things I might buy for the house (this is great to incubate items, so I don't over spend)
things to buy DH
christmas gifts ideas

These keep my NA list cleaner, I think.

Bellaisa

Registered
Getting Ready for Election Day

I thought of a new use for these.....as I'm reading about the different the different propositions/candidates that will be on the ballot on election day, I'm mkaing a running list of how I plan to vote. The more public races (president and other key offices) are easy to remember, of course; howeever, I always think I am going to remember the more obscure propositions/offices, but am not sure once I get in the booth - especially if it has been several weeks since I've thought about it. So now it is in my palm.

S

spectecGTD

Let me suggest an even more efficient means of voting - just vote absentee. In my state (NC) you can submit a written request for a no-excuse absentee ballot, which they mail to you. It's then possible to fill in the ballot at your leisure, taking as much time as you need to consider each candidate, issue, etc. and mail it back in.

The reason this post caught my attention is because I just finished my voting last night and am mailing in the ballots today. I've voted this way in the past and it sure beats wasting time standing in line, even if one is well-prepared.

Bellaisa

Registered
Slightly off topic, but SpectGTD...I agree with you..in fact, I've done the paperwork to do it via absentee ballot this year...I find I can vote from home with much less hassle, and more importantly, more mindfully since I'm not rushing. Although some people really love the "rah! rah! rah!" of going to the polls. To each their own.

In either case, at least I've finally found a quick way to get ready without wasting precious brain space!

Tspall

Registered
There are a lot of good checklists here. I love the way they are organized into categories too. Thanks for sharing this! 8)

wynter

Registered
stargazer_rick said:
In fact, now that I think about it, I'm going to start a list of web sites to visit monthly and quarterly. (I already have some sites that I visit daily or weekly.) This site is going to go on that quarterly list.

I've been doing this for just a little while. I use del.icio.us and I have a couple of tags, -daily, -weekly, -monthly, that I add sites to and check with the appropriate frequency (I put a trigger in my excuse for a tickler).

You can either go to the appropriate tag's page and (in firefox etc), "open in new tab" on all the links or using the foxylicious extension, use "open in tabs" using the regular bookmarks mechanisms.

Works reasonably well for me.

Shayne

U

Unregistered

hi

hi ppls ok i am going on a 4 day trip to washington d.c. (ovre mamorial weekend) and im in a frenzy of what to pack. we can only have one large suitcase, carry on bag, purse, and a cooler(to carry snacks in) i would really appriciate it if some one(s) could send me a heplfull check list of what to pack fro my trip! thanks, email me at suebobrocks101@yahoo.com

~stressed out~

kewms

Registered
That much luggage should be plenty for four days.

On your person:
comfortable shoes
light jacket or rain shell
Money, travel documents, copy of itinerary including contact information and confirmation numbers for hotels, rental cars, etc.

In your carry-on or purse:
Essential toiletries, prescription drugs, glasses and/or contact lens solutions.
Camera and film
Change of clothes (or at least socks and underwear) for one day
Airplane reading
Desired electronic gadgets

In your large suitcase:
Clothes for four days. Check your favorite weather site, but DC in May should be pleasantly warm.
Space for souvenirs. Or, jam all the clothes in your carryon, pack a foldable bag for souvenirs, and skip the large suitcase.

Katherine