Custom project form available

U

Unregistered

Matthias,

where do I found the form and code I have customized into german language? I'd like to send it you.

Some more ideas,

what about integrating some of the GtD police stuff into your project?

have you seen www.taskline.com? This addin may be a good enhancement. Unfortunately it will kick your form out. I haven't found a solution to have both of them installed and running.

thanks for reading

Volker

Bollinger

Registered
Unregistered said:
Matthias,

where do I found the form and code I have customized into german language? I'd like to send it you.

Some more ideas,

what about integrating some of the GtD police stuff into your project?

have you seen www.taskline.com? This addin may be a good enhancement. Unfortunately it will kick your form out. I haven't found a solution to have both of them installed and running.

thanks for reading

Volker

Hi Volker!

Regarding GTD Police - check my previous post. I'm going a bit further on this issue in my next version and allows the user to select from the list of "Future actions" already defined in the project form.

Regards
Mattias

E

etcoutinho

Amazing form!

Hi Mattias,

Your form is amazing! Thanks for sharing. It completely changed my GTD toolbox!

By the way, thanks to my enhanced productivity, I have read again chapter 3 and made some cosmetic modifications to the form. This modified form makes it easier for me to remember and use the 5-step natural planning when necessary.

Would you like to have a look at it for your next upgrade? Just tell me how it can be sent to you.

Best regards,
Eduardo

Attached files

U

Unregistered

Little bug

Sometimes a new blank action is created and it is impossible to delete it or update it to a real next action.

Wouldn't it also be great to have the functionallity of the "Future Actions" frame on the "History" frame? I myself would like to be able to scroll, update or delete these itens too.

Nevertheless, great work!

U

Unregistered

A suggestion

Great form!

Would it be possible to show a list of all the related mail and tasks?
So if I have filed a mail for reference under that project or have a next action as my task it would appear in a control on the form...

xoff

Registered
tasline

Unregistered said:
Matthias,

thanks for reading

Volker

I too would like to use both taskline and this custom form. Anyone has been able to make compatible?

U

Unregistered

Greetings,

Where do I find the most current version of this form?

Thanks,
Dwight...

WAR

Registered
Was going great . . .

Mattias,

Your form looks GREAT and was exactly what I was hoping for in reviving my GTD use. I installed your form with no problems following the directions on this thread. I added several projects and was excited about the possibilities as the changes were working and responding perfectly.

Maybe I shouldn't have been tinkering, but I renamed some of the projects I had created through the Tools/Options/GTD/Projects/Rename process. The system indicated completion through a progress bar renaming each project individually.

Now, whenever I select my Tasks, and double click on a project, Outlook freezes. I tried adding a new project (and not renaming it) and then going to Tasks to open it and the same thing happens. I am able to open and edit all of my tasks and their context.

Do you have any ideas/suggestions. I dread not being able to use your wonderful tool.

Wayne Roberts

WAR

Registered
Never Saw This Before

Mattais,

In an update to my previous post . . . . I was playing around in Outlook. I clicked on a project, task manager indicated Outlook was not responding, the hourglass was showing on the screen, and then 1 1/2 - 2 minutes later the new project screen popped up.

As I indicated before - my regular tasks pop up instantly.

I am on Microsoft Exchange server and am currently working from my home. Outlook indicates an "Online" status. The only other abnormal occurance is when I move down my e-mail list there is a short lag in showing the message in the preview pane (5 - 10 seconds).

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Wayne

V

vauha27

ETA of new Version

Matthias,
any idea when we will see this V 2.0 ?

jhegener

Registered
Fantastic job

I just downloaded the form and class migration utility, installed the form and converted my exisiting projects in about 20 minutes.

I can't believe I missed this the first time around! This thing kicks ass. Project management is one of the weakest links in the Netcentric GTD add-in but with this new form (combined with GTD Police) I think I may finally get a handle on my projects.

I'm looking forward to the new version... if this gets much better it may give the upcoming add-in upgrade a run for its money.

The only minor complaint is that, unlike the other forms on my system, this one takes about 4-5 seconds to pull up each time. Has anyone else seen a performance hit when using the new form?

Bollinger

Registered
WAR said:
Mattais,

In an update to my previous post . . . . I was playing around in Outlook. I clicked on a project, task manager indicated Outlook was not responding, the hourglass was showing on the screen, and then 1 1/2 - 2 minutes later the new project screen popped up.

As I indicated before - my regular tasks pop up instantly.

I am on Microsoft Exchange server and am currently working from my home. Outlook indicates an "Online" status. The only other abnormal occurance is when I move down my e-mail list there is a short lag in showing the message in the preview pane (5 - 10 seconds).

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Wayne

Hi Wayne,

the only thing I can think of is when opening the form it performs some reading against data (defined projects etc) stored in the central data store (pst, exchange etc), and if you're on a slow line mabye this takes a long time.

Regards
Mattias

Bollinger

Registered
vauha27 said:
Matthias,
any idea when we will see this V 2.0 ?

My schedule is tight at the moment and I'm facing some performance problems with the new version forcing me to write cache-handling.

My intention is to release something that is stable and useful.

Sorry about the delay.

Regards
Mattias

Bollinger

Registered
jhegener said:
I just downloaded the form and class migration utility, installed the form and converted my exisiting projects in about 20 minutes.

I can't believe I missed this the first time around! This thing kicks ass. Project management is one of the weakest links in the Netcentric GTD add-in but with this new form (combined with GTD Police) I think I may finally get a handle on my projects.

I'm looking forward to the new version... if this gets much better it may give the upcoming add-in upgrade a run for its money.

The only minor complaint is that, unlike the other forms on my system, this one takes about 4-5 seconds to pull up each time. Has anyone else seen a performance hit when using the new form?

This is a known drawback and the reason is comprehensive reading of current
data (projects etc) from the data store to provide uptodate information on the project form.

Another option is to cache some data when opening Outlook. I've made some enhancements on this issue in the next version.

Regards
Mattias

V

vauha27

Bollinger said:
My schedule is tight at the moment and I'm facing some performance problems with the new version forcing me to write cache-handling.

My intention is to release something that is stable and useful.

Sorry about the delay.

Regards
Mattias

No need to feel sorry at all! Take all the time that you need.

Volker

jerendeb

Registered
Not to take away from this work...

...but I am having to 'dumb down' & so I have in Outlook a Project titled;

z Blank Template with notes for Projects.

(In the notes section I have these prompts for tracking & thinking.)

Goals/Outcome:

What's Next?

Things to do:

Support Files:

Ideas:

My Motivation:

[For me the less I have added into Outlook the better it runs & it transfers much easier when I HOT SYNC may Palm to take to work & HOT SYNC to my Desktop PC there.]

A

airolg

Use only with Add-in

I downloaded the Add-in and now it's expired and I just didn't see a $70 value for me.

So, can I use this form without the Add-in??

S

Shane Lindsay

form without add-in

If you look at page 4 of this thread there is a post of mine about using the form without the addin.

To use the form you need to create a task with category "Projects", save and reopen.

The post describes a workaround for managing a project's subtasks.

A

airolg

I found it!

I found it yesterday when I came looking for motivation and others' solutions to their roadblocks. I've got it on my list to implement soon.

Thanks so much!!!

S

sokrne1

Making the form "stay put"

I've followed all of the directions, had the form working, but then it stopped...when I click on a project in the Tasks list (under the Action: Projects), the standard GTD form comes up. I

've followed the steps again to change the message class, had it working again, then "poof" -- the GTD standard form is back.

I'm not sure where the problem lies. I have several Outlook add-ins (i.e., Message Save, EZDetach, NEO, Agendus for Windows/Outlook, and Send Item to OneNote). I'm thinking of uninstalling Agendus for Outlook, as I don't use it much -- I like their Calendar/ToDo/Memo/Contact Views better, but that's really all I use it for -- is to look at).

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. I love this new form and want to use it! In the meantime, I think I'll uninstall Agendus and see what happens.

Take care,
Kathy