David Allen and Ed Lamont talk about Team: Getting Things Done with Others

davidcoforum

Administrator
Staff member
David and Ed talk about the new book, Team: Getting Things Done with Others. The book is scheduled for publication in May 2024. In this recording, David and Ed share about why they wrote it, and how it can help teams of any size, whether they're comprised of colleagues at work, family members, or friends.

Video

Audio

Matt_M

Registered
This is very interesting. I have a plethora of questions about numerous aspects related to not only the book itself but the subject matter of the book itself: teams. However, I think my biggest question is (which I am not asking for the answer but posing as a "I wonder if the book covers it" kind of thing):

How does GTD for Teams compare and contrast with the more popular methodologies in that space like Agile (and its sub-sects e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.) and traditional Waterfall?

This would be a question I imagine anyone looking into this book will have (as Ed alluded to). Very interesting and can't wait to read it.

pgarth

Registered
David and Ed talk about the new book, Team: Getting Things Done with Others. The book is scheduled for publication in May 2024. In this recording, David and Ed share about why they wrote it, and how it can help teams of any size, whether they're comprised of colleagues at work, family members, or friends.

Video

Audio
I recently shared (aka “gushed”) about the value/impact/integration of GTD with my supervisor. I thought it was all useful information.

What I sensed was an uptick on interest/energy on “Waiting-For” component only. Only.

Because my objective mind was reasonably clear, I pivoted to only that area, over my eagerness/ego (considering I’ve had GTD-awareness since 2006).

I learned that non-GTD folk will have something on their mind, and it may require some generic probing vs getting out the dump truck.

Of course, we’ll see what happens on my next monthly supervision!