David Allen Quotes !

MikeP

Registered
From "Ready for Anything"

"If you don't effectively manage your incompletions you'll probably be forced to confront more negative experiences than you would like."

This grabbed my attention as I was listening to the unabridged audio (disc 2, track 16, chapter 23 (I think)).

Mike

ArcCaster

Registered
doing something for the first time

I think this is a David Allen: "People like to do things well. Often, the most important thing for you to do is something you have not done before. So, beware the trap of choosing to do something you have done many times (and can do well) over the more important thing you have not done before, which, for lack of practice, you will probably stumble through."

And a question -- my GTD focus drifts in and out over time. A way to stay in focus would be to start the day with a GTD quote. I have used applications that start your day with a lilmerick sent to my desktop :) Is there something similar for GTD?

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
ArcCaster;108260 said:
I think this is a David Allen: "People like to do things well. Often, the most important thing for you to do is something you have not done before. So, beware the trap of choosing to do something you have done many times (and can do well) over the more important thing you have not done before, which, for lack of practice, you will probably stumble through."

And a question -- my GTD focus drifts in and out over time. A way to stay in focus would be to start the day with a GTD quote. I have used applications that start your day with a lilmerick sent to my desktop :) Is there something similar for GTD?

There's the quote of the the day that's posted to the home page of GTD Connect. And there's an article on GTD Connect that lists two pages of our favorite quotes. And the Weekly Review inspiration email gets sent every week to members with a quote from DA. That's what I've got!

DavidAllen

GTD Connect
I did

...create the "small things done consistently..." thing. Actually, I just identified something that seems a universal truth. Thank the universe.