David Allens other productivty books

folke123

Registered
Hi!

I am wondering if you guys have read the other productivity/GTD books that DA has written, more than just the primary GTD one.

I am wondering if they are worth picking up and reading to improve my GTD game and want to hear your thoughts.

Wilson Ng

Registered
I bought "Getting Things Done for Teens" for my daughter a year ago. It reminds me of a high school textbook with the way it reads and it might help some readers who didn't absorb the Getting Things Done book. Lots of illustrations and "explain it to me like I'm a 9th grader."

I also liked "Making It All Work" which went deeper into many of the core concepts from the first book.

The GTD Workbook compresses the workflows into a checklist form and allows you to practice the various GTD stages (capture, clarify, organize, reflect, and engage). GTD can be difficult to master and the GTD Workbook is a great refresher if you don't want to re-read the books all over again.

Murray

Registered

Ariadne Marques

Registered
I liked "The Getting Things Done Workbook: 10 Moves to Stress-Free Productivity". For me it's a distilled and simplified version of the original GTD book, but has more direct action and example content. I think it's a good refresher for those already practicing GTD, but also a great book for beginners who need a step-by-step approach to getting started in using the system.

+1 for the Getting Things Done Workbook. This book was on my radar for a couple of months and this week I felt I needed a GTD refresher so I picked it up. I loved it! It's totally action-oriented: perfect for people who have already read the Getting Things Done original book. I enjoyed how it presented the 10 Moves going through all the 5 Steps in order. I learned a lot from it! I realized I was overcomplicating my system and the exercises put me back on track.

Murray

Registered
I liked "The Getting Things Done Workbook: 10 Moves to Stress-Free Productivity". For me it's a distilled and simplified version of the original GTD book, but has more direct action and example content. I think it's a good refresher for those already practicing GTD, but also a great book for beginners who need a step-by-step approach to getting started in using the system.
After hearing about the GTD workbook from Sojourner's recommendation, I ordered it straight away and have been working through it, using it as an opportunity to update, improve and recommit to my system.

When I started the workbook in May I scored myself at 46 out of 75 on the 'Current Reality Self Assessment'. I just took the quiz again and as well as scoring 57 this time, I also felt more confident about knowing how to answer the questions.