David Allen's Physical In-basket

OlivieroRossi

Registered
Hi,

does someone know where I can purchase David Allens physical in-basket? I live in germany and haven't seen anything similar yet. They are those black open boxes you see in his home office in amsterdam.

Since his office is in Amsterdam I guess he just bought them there. I tried to figure out what they are called there, but no success. In Germany we just have those paper-inbaskets, where its annyoing to put other stuff besides paper in it. I somestimes shoot small clips with my camera, or record stuff with my mobile voice recorder, so its would be nice if they would also fit in those kind of in-baskets.

Even checked the biggest office supply store in the netherlands, staples.nl, still no success. Anyone have a clue?

Here is where you can see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ULWQ_tnM8&index=8&list=FL4m5_o7Byep1kNWFR_dluWw

Folke

Registered
Is it really of any importance whether it is one or several in-baskets, as long as you know what and where they are? I have a number of different in-baskets, physical and digital, and I go through them all. You might say they are just different "compartments" of my "overall virtual inbox". I even have a checklist of which such inboxes I have.

Longstreet

Professor of microbiology and infectious diseases
I think it is perfectly okay to want an inbox like David Allen's on his video. It looks really cool and I would like to know where he got it as well. Everyone has different tastes on their setup.

Oogiem

Registered
David Allen Company used to sell them but I believe they no longer carry them. The real important thing is to get a larger size than your standard paper and one that opens from the side not the end. It makes it a lot easier to put in larger stuff. You might look for scrapbook paper or craft paper inboxes as they are usually larger to handle the larger sizes of those papers.

Folke

Registered
Yes, I agree it does looks very cool. I have two such three-level trays with the corresponding functionality, but not nearly as cool looking. And then I have several other kinds of inboxes as well.

mcogilvie

Registered
I had nice large metal mesh baskets but I had to replace them with smaller plastic baskets because the metal mesh interfered with wifi reception, being between my laptop and the router.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
OlivieroRossi said:
Hi,

does someone know where I can purchase David Allens physical in-basket? I live in germany and haven't seen anything similar yet. They are those black open boxes you see in his home office in amsterdam.

Since his office is in Amsterdam I guess he just bought them there. I tried to figure out what they are called there, but no success. In Germany we just have those paper-inbaskets, where its annyoing to put other stuff besides paper in it. I somestimes shoot small clips with my camera, or record stuff with my mobile voice recorder, so its would be nice if they would also fit in those kind of in-baskets.

Even checked the biggest office supply store in the netherlands, staples.nl, still no success. Anyone have a clue?

Here is where you can see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9ULWQ_tnM8&index=8&list=FL4m5_o7Byep1kNWFR_dluWw

Hello. This was part of the David Allen Fedon Collection and were offered for a limited time. They are no longer stocked by the David Allen Company Store. You should be able to find the equivalent here in A4 size here: https://www.fedon.com/en/business-accessories-set-vaschetta-8374.html

Hope that helps!

jlchan37

Registered
Thanks, Kelly. Those inboxes from Fedon are beautiful but very expensive. I found a large inbox by SteelMaster, on Amazon, for about 1/3 the price of the Fedon inbox.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
jlchan37 said:
Thanks, Kelly. Those inboxes from Fedon are beautiful but very expensive. I found a large inbox by SteelMaster, on Amazon, for about 1/3 the price of the Fedon inbox.

Great! Glad you found something that will work well for you.

jlchan37

Registered
Thanks, Kelly. The ugly inboxes will work for now but I'll add being able to afford the beautiful ones from the Fedon collection to my list of financial goals.:)

Also, I got started with GTD Connect about 3 weeks ago, and I can't believe how much value you guys are offering for $48/month. I've listened to some of your webinars 3-4 times and get more out of them with each re-play.

Thanks for providing the great content. Best, Janna