Do I need the 2015 edition?

Jennifer S

Registered
I'm getting back in GTD after giving up on it a few years ago. I see there is a revised edition. Should I get it? Is there is much difference between the 1st and 2nd edition?

mcogilvie

Registered
The biggest difference are a few added chapters at the end of the book. Take a look at those and you can make up your mind. My wife and I have several copies of the original edition but just one of the 2015 edition.

TesTeq

Registered
As I understand what David Allen says: GTD described in the original GTD book is as simple as possible but not simpler. As @mcogilvie writes there are some new chapters but the core is the same except for some nomenclature changes:
Collection --> Capturing
Processing --> Clarifying
Organizing --> Organizing
Reviewing --> Reflecting
Doing --> Engaging

George M

Registered
I downloaded the 2015 edition for my Kindle, and am currently reading it. I have the previous edition also, but decided to read the 2015 edition anyway. As was said already, a few new chapters and changed wording, but the same overall concept and ideas. For me, it was worth downloading the new edition.

Ravine61

GTD'R 4 Life
Does anyone buy and listen to audio books?

I bought the new edition as an audio book...really love being able to listen to David Allen read the book and I can rewind and re-listen to any particular section or comment!

Having it on audio is like having an ability to step into a GTD discussion at any point in time during my day!

TesTeq

Registered
I downloaded the 2015 edition for my Kindle, and am currently reading it. I have the previous edition also, but decided to read the 2015 edition anyway. As was said already, a few new chapters and changed wording, but the same overall concept and ideas. For me, it was worth downloading the new edition.
Great! One more difference: 2015 edition is less technology dependent.

TesTeq

Registered
Having it on audio is like having an ability to step into a GTD discussion at any point in time during my day!
I love "Ready For Anything" audiobook. If you can afford to buy it you will find great insights from David Allen.