Forum and Site Bugs

ArcCaster

Registered
ahha -- read posts from others and tried their approach -- if I log out, then log back in again, I can see my post. This is non-intuitive and time-consuming behavior, and is not like the behavior of any other forum I participate in.

vbampton

Administrator
The weekly review thread's an odd one - it's throwing posts into moderation so they disappear into the ether until someone with mod privileges approves it. They will reappear!

Barb

Registered
vbampton said:
The weekly review thread's an odd one - it's throwing posts into moderation so they disappear into the ether until someone with mod privileges approves it. They will reappear!

Yes, it's not happening to me anywhere but in the Weekly Review thread.

ArcCaster

Registered
I just tried a search. Search contains one of those checks that makes you type what is written in scrawly script before it will do the search for you. Three times I typed what I saw in the scrawly script, and three times it told me I got it wrong. Try search and see if you experience the same thing.
Rob

Barb

Registered
Rob, maybe I'm not doing the same thing you are. Which search box are you talking about? I used the one on the home page--I didn't have to type in scrawly script and it worked just as I would expect search to work.

ryanirelan

Registered
John Forrister said:
Yes! You can add a photo or avatar to your profile now. At the top of any forum screen, click on your name, select My Profile. When the profile page opens, hover over the avatar area in the upper-left, above your name. You'll see Edit Avatar. Click that and you can select a photo. I just added one with the family dog.

I get nothing when I try to upload an image to use as an avatar (not error) and a "Invalid URL" when I try to use a URL to pull in an image. This was the same on Chrome and Safari on Mac OS X 10.9.3 (Mavericks).

Oogiem

Registered
Problem in the forum Sharing GTD Connect with others/ I see the flag of a new message from Laurac but when I go into the forum there is nothing there that is new and the time stamp of the latest messages don't match what was shown as the date time she posted her message.

vbampton

Administrator
Oogiem said:
Problem in the forum Sharing GTD Connect with others/ I see the flag of a new message from Laurac but when I go into the forum there is nothing there that is new and the time stamp of the latest messages don't match what was shown as the date time she posted her message.

Yep, I can verify that one. Just a thread list out of sync I think. John, try Control Panel > Maintenance > Rebuild Thread Information.

ArcCaster

Registered
Barb said:
Rob, maybe I'm not doing the same thing you are. Which search box are you talking about? I used the one on the home page--I didn't have to type in scrawly script and it worked just as I would expect search to work.
Hi Barb -- could not replicate my results. However, in trying to replicate those results, spent a little time in Search at http://gettingthingsdone.com/forum/ and in my user profile (I was searching for a entry I made a couple years ago, thinking it answered a recent post). Doesn't look like I can see my old entries, nor can I filter searches to a specific member. Rob

ArcCaster

Registered
Search returns unhelpful 'hits'. If I type a string into the search box, it returns a list of topics without any indication where the 'hit' is. If I click on one of those topics, it takes me to one of the high-level groupings, such as 'Social Lounge'. If I then scroll through the topics in that grouping, I MIGHT find the hit that search thinks it found.

Compare GTD Search to Google Search. Google search returns the hit 'in context' -- that is, embedded in the sentence or paragraph containing it. This 'context' is helpful in deciding whether to further explore a particular 'hit'. I would very much like the GTD search to return hits in context.

Regards,
Rob

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
ryanirelan said:
I get nothing when I try to upload an image to use as an avatar (not error) and a "Invalid URL" when I try to use a URL to pull in an image. This was the same on Chrome and Safari on Mac OS X 10.9.3 (Mavericks).

Yes, there's something that's not working consistently about uploading photos/avatars. Our developer is working on it. In the meantime, please feel free to send yours to connect@davidco.com and I'll upload your image myself. I'm making that offer to you, Ryan, and to anyone else reading this.

Barb

Registered
I want to come visit and have Kelly take a picture of me!! The one I'm using is old and I take awful selfies.

Oogiem

Registered
Bumped up as the sharing GTD with others bug is still there. John have you tried Victoria's fix above?

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Oogiem said:
Bumped up as the sharing GTD with others bug is still there. John have you tried Victoria's fix above?

I just ran that maintenance task, and several others. Does the Sharing GTD thread show up for you now?

Barb

Registered
I see the thread--always did--but the most recent post, for example, doesn't have a heading and I cannot access it. This has been a continuing problem for me in that thread. I wonder, though: Is the reason we cannot see the current new post and the one last week from Laurac because it is meant only for certified trainers? It crossed my mind.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
There are two subforums below the Sharing GTD main forum, that are only for the certified trainers. But the main Sharing GTD forum should be visible. I'm working on getting you all that visibility.

Oogiem

Registered
New bug. If you quote a post and make a reply. Then want to quote a different post to make another reply even when you click on quote under the new post what gets filled in the bottom reply box is the first one you selected.

Oogiem

Registered
Another bug still in existence - Trying to edit a reply during creation the cursor is often placed where you want the edit but the actual text you type goes somewhere else, the end, sometime the beginning, sometimes you cannot select text to change at all Happens a lot to me esp. when I try to fix typos.