get better organized - plan future actions /how to do it ?

PierrotBel

Registered
Hello,

Sometimes, when I have a task to do, I have trouble organizing and anticipating.
More clearly, I can't say to myself "here is my request, is it better that I do it myself or will I have a problem that will make me have to answer to others?"
Too often, I find myself delegating a little too late and I find myself doing a lot on my own. Indeed, when I delegate, I sometimes have to find the right person and I often say to myself out of spite "I'll do it directly" when I find myself facing obstacles.
What to do, when a request arrives, to qualify it quickly: what to do?
How to note it on your to-do list

Example: get out the turnover for the past year for a certain number of customers For this evening except that a technical bug prevents access to this list only while by taking me in advance, I would have solved the problem
What can I do ? Thanks

ivanjay205

Registered
It sounds like to me you are not breaking out these items into a project. Anything that takes more than one step, unless completely self evident and not needed to be broken out, is a project. So perhaps there are a few different steps in your ”task” create a series of next actions:
  1. Contact Person X to assist with resolving technical issue
  2. Perform Y task
  3. Email result to appropriate person

Something to that effect. In this case #1 might be a call or an email context depending on scenario. #2 is (in my system) a waiting for tag so it is deffered until that person responds. If it is someone i meet with regularly I also apply their agenda tag. So lets say its waiting for Mike, by applying both tags if I meet with Mike and I select him in my agenda’s list I can review the status of this deferred action. Once he resolves his task (#1) I can perform #2. After that is done I perform #3 and project is complete.