GTD 2015 Audiobook Track Names

Wolverine

Registered
Hi All,

If this post is in the wrong spot please move it. I searched the forums and all I could come up with was a very old post from a previous version.

There are 9 CDs in the 2015 Revised Version of the audiobook. I was very disappointed that CD 3 and 6 do not have the proper track names like the other Cds do. Can anyone be so kind as to list those so that I can waste some time inputing them? lol.. A little humor there so don't attack me for being frustrated that someone did a poor job that I'm going to have to spend time fixing. Reality is... I've had worse things happen. So, would someone be so kind as to list the track names. It may help someone in the future to just list them for all 9 cds. I only need CD 3 and CD 6. (Version: Revised Version 2015)

Thanks!

GTD-Sweden

Registered
Wolverine said:
Hi All,

If this post is in the wrong spot please move it. I searched the forums and all I could come up with was a very old post from a previous version.

There are 9 CDs in the 2015 Revised Version of the audiobook. I was very disappointed that CD 3 and 6 do not have the proper track names like the other Cds do. Can anyone be so kind as to list those so that I can waste some time inputing them? lol.. A little humor there so don't attack me for being frustrated that someone did a poor job that I'm going to have to spend time fixing. Reality is... I've had worse things happen. So, would someone be so kind as to list the track names. It may help someone in the future to just list them for all 9 cds. I only need CD 3 and CD 6. (Version: Revised Version 2015)

Thanks!

Why not just buy the book as a digital audiobook on Audible? Cloud based is better than CD:s 2016:)

TesTeq

Registered
Wolverine said:
So, would someone be so kind as to list the track names. It may help someone in the future to just list them for all 9 cds. I only need CD 3 and CD 6. (Version: Revised Version 2015)

Wolverine said:
Are these forums dead?

We are not dead. But probably most of us have not enough time and/or resources to do the work you want us to do.

I think you should contact directly the publisher's customer support.

Wolverine

Registered
TesTeq said:
We are not dead. But probably most of us have not enough time and/or resources to do the work you want us to do.

I think you should contact directly the publisher's customer support.

Is there anyone from GTD that participates in these forums? I'm one of those weirdos who think the quality of my product I put out on the street should be of a high quality. So, that perspective makes me think that the GTD people would want their publisher to do their job so that consumers wouldn't have to do it for them. Maybe not.

I guess that I also assumed that some GTD employees might be on these forums and would have a concern that they are putting out an incomplete product.

TesTeq

Registered
Wolverine said:
I guess that I also assumed that some GTD employees might be on these forums and would have a concern that they are putting out an incomplete product.

I think that contacting the company directly is more effective than complaining on public forums. You can find the Contact link at the bottom of this page.

Wolverine

Registered
TesTeq said:
I think that contacting the company directly is more effective than complaining on public forums. You can find the Contact link at the bottom of this page.

I tried that:

"This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you have sent could not be delivered to one or more recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address failed:

: 554 5.7.1 : Relay access denied"

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Hi Wolverine,

Sorry about the delay. I should have posted that I saw your message and would look into it. Here's what I've found out.

It looks like an issue with an entire production run of the CDs. I tested on a set we have and found the same missing track titles.

We've made sure that the audiobook publisher, Simon & Schuster, is aware of the problem. If it's anything like errors with published books, the correction doesn't show up until there's a new print/production run.

That message about the general@davidco.com address is a mystery. We get lots of mail at the address each day. I've just tested it from a couple of computers and browsers, and so far I can't reproduce the situation. But I'll ask our IT folks to look into it in case they've seen anything similar lately.

vbampton

Administrator
John Forrister said:
That message about the general@davidco.com address is a mystery. We get lots of mail at the address each day. I've just tested it from a couple of computers and browsers, and so far I can't reproduce the situation. But I'll ask our IT folks to look into it in case they've seen anything similar lately.
John, I tried to forward this message to your last night and ALL the davidco email addresses I tried bounced back with the relay access denied message.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
vbampton said:
John, I tried to forward this message to your last night and ALL the davidco email addresses I tried bounced back with the relay access denied message.

Yes, we found a major issue with our inbound email yesterday. Fixed by the end of the day.

Wolverine

Registered
John Forrister said:
Hi Wolverine,

Sorry about the delay. I should have posted that I saw your message and would look into it. Here's what I've found out.

It looks like an issue with an entire production run of the CDs. I tested on a set we have and found the same missing track titles.

We've made sure that the audiobook publisher, Simon & Schuster, is aware of the problem. If it's anything like errors with published books, the correction doesn't show up until there's a new print/production run.

Hi John,
Thanks for the message. While I appreciate the explanation I'm much more interested in getting the track names so that I can input them into my iTunes and have the names, please. Others that have the same issues may find this thread with Google in the future and it will save everyone time if you guys just post the information.

Thanks!

David Parker

GTD Connect
I have contacted Simon & Schuster and they told me this:

"Thank you for contacting Simon & Schuster. We are sorry to hear about the problem. Unfortunately, the automatic naming of your CD tracks in iTunes (and most other media players) is handled by Gracenote, a third party contracted by Apple. The problem is that Gracenote is a user inputted database, and the first time a user rips a disc if it has not been named already, the third party requests the name of the track and then supplies that name to any subsequent users, whether the name is erroneous or not."

They have offered to give me the download link to the downloadable version of the audiobook if I send them the proof of purchase of the audio CDs. I'm not sure if this will give us the missing track names. I'll let you know if it does and I'll post them here.

Does anyone already having the downloaded version of the audiobook know what the track names are?

David

TesTeq

Registered
I've read the initial post once again and I am shocked that the GTD 2015 audiobook is apparently distributed on audio CDs!

Polish version of the GTD 2001 is distributed on ONE digital CD with mp3 files. All CD players around (in my home, my computers and my car) are able to play it perfectly.

Why is the GTD 2015 audiobook distributed using multiple audio CDs?

David Parker

GTD Connect
Simon & Schuster did provide me with the downloadable file but it's not split into tracks so I still don't have the missing track names.

So we're back to square one . . .

To fix this we need to update the track names in Gracenote. I am willing to do this if someone can provide them - John: Does anyone at Davidco have the complete track listings for all nine CDs? or TesTeq: Do you know the track listings of the MP3 version of the 2015 version if this exists?

Unless we fix this, everyone who buys the CD version is going to have the same problem!

David

David Parker

GTD Connect
For the particular benefit of Wolverine and anyone else missing the track names from the CD version of the Getting Things Done, revised 2015 edition, the correct track names have now been added to the Gracenote database. If you insert your CDs and reimport them into iTunes you should now get the correct track names for all the CDs.

CDs 1, 3, 5, 6 and 7 had missing or incomplete track names and should be reimported. Delete any previously imported incorrect/missing track names.

In case of future problems, I have a list of all the track names and can supply them if you send me a request via the Forum.

David

Last edited: