GTD Connect podcast - new ways to get access

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
GTD-Sweden said:
Look at my screenshot from my phone. As you see the actual podcasts are missing. I have done all the steps you described.

I have some more information that may be useful, but I'd like to do it by email so we can talk about your specific login details. I'll send you an email now.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
This is an update for iOS and Android users. We are looking into a change in the method our podcast uses to authenticate (to confirm your membership). By switching to a different mehtod of authentication, we may be able to solve the issues that show up with some podcast apps. At this point we're testing on a development server. I'll let you know how it goes in the next week, when I'm hoping we'll be ready to go live.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Who's ready to test the new authentication method? The subscription URL for testing is:
https://gettingthingsdone.com/connect/podcast-new.php

For the authentication, you will need to enter your GTD Connect username and password. Your username may be your email address or something else. While the GTD Connect site allows you to log in with either your user name or your email address (if that's different), this podcast authentication requires your user name.

You can email connect@davidco.com with anything you find, whether it's successes or failures or something in between. Or feel free to post here. It's helpful if you say what your operating system and version is, whether desktop or mobile, e.g. Android 4.x or iOS 8.x or Windows 7.

Please keep in mind that this is testing, so you may get results ranging from easy success to subscription not working to certificate trust warnings and more.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Android 4.4.2.

I was able to successfully subscribe and get episodes using the Doggcatcher app, version 1.2.4117.

I also tested with BeyondPod 4.1.44 and Podcast Addict 3.8.2, with very limited success. Need more testing to get more details.

tawaters

Registered
Good to hear about Android. I ran a quick test on Windows 10 desktop using the Podcast functionality built into VLC. I was able to log in, get the list of available podcasts and download one of them (I had to re-enter my credentials again to start the download, but that might be a part VLC functionality).

Tom

manrenz2

Registered
hi, beyondpod still has problems. The feed is loading fine, but the downloads do not work.
here is a sample download Link that does not work.
https://gettingthingsdone.com/podcas...les.output.mp3
it should download the episode with "Les McKeown interviews DAvid on Predictable Sucess"
The mp3 name looks a little short to me.

On my PC I noticed that, although I'm already authenticated on my browser session, I have to re-enter my credentials, probably this is the reason for the download problem in the android app.