GTD Evernote Users... GTD and Reference

noteus

Registered
Nancy H said:
I find tech difficulties where no-one else does, don't know why. I'm new to GTDConnect and excited about it, and I've gotten the free version of Evernote. When I create context lists as projects, they wind up with dates and calendar entries from iCal! I have a MacBook Pro laptop and an iPhone. Having the tool be a roadblock is especially dismaying. Can y'all help me?

I felt the same actually. Evernote is an awesome tool, but for a streamlined GTD workflow, it has too many features and is too blown up in terms of features and possible fine tune adjustments. I prefer to work with a leaner app.

Thais Godhino

GTD Connect
I use Evernote only for reference now. Few years ago I was using for actions and projects, but I don't like the action's view on the software. Now I prefer a traditional task manager software for next actions.

ChristinaSkaskiw

Registered
I tried Evernote for projects and actions, but found there were too many “taps” before getting to whatever I was looking for, plus sometimes it would be slow to respond due to syncing. But I do use it for reference, and very recently clued into how useful the app Scannable is together with Evernote. I installed Scannable maybe 6 months ago and had used it for the odd thing now and then. Yesterday, I was going through some folders that were taking up space with some really old articles and leaflets, but they were inspiring ideas for excursions and vacations that I didn’t want to just through away, so I just scanned them all into Evernote. So now I have a S/M project to scan more paper stuff of similar nature to further reduce paper archives.