GTD Training

Hey folks,

I've been asked to do some GTD training for a former colleague's new work place. I've done a couple of these sessions before but I want to completely rework it so that it is a bit easier for newbies to grasp the system. I think I failed in that area in those previous sessions. I know some of you have done this before and wondering if there are tips, tricks, resources you might be willing to share.

Many thanks,

Peter

sholden

Registered
My approach was to go the route of getting certified as a VitalSmarts Trainer for GTD at my work (I am based in the U.S.), and delivering training using their material. Before that I did some concept training 1on1 or in a small group on: 2 Minute Rule, Next Actions, Three Fold Nature of Work, and Natural Planning Model. These were usually only a half-hour session in a brown bag setting.

ERJ1

Jedi Master
This is sort of... tangentially related.

Anyone have insights in becoming a GTD Trainer? This has something that has always been interesting to me, but it seems like a somewhat costly and challenging endeavor.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member

Anyone have insights in becoming a GTD Trainer? This has something that has always been interesting to me, but it seems like a somewhat costly and challenging endeavor.
On this page you'll see a list of the upcoming trainer certification courses from VitalSmarts, our training partner in the US and Canada.
Above the list of events you can click the switch and filter so you only see the GTD events.

Their model is geared toward trainers in an organization who plan to provide GTD training to the organization's employees.

sholden

Registered
In the U.S. -- Vital Smarts GTD Trainer for an Organization has a rather quick pay-off for an organization vs. doing public seminars. I think it was less than two 12 person classes.

sholden

Registered

I am a GTD Certified Trainer for my organization. Let me know what questions you have.

ERJ1

Jedi Master
Thanks folks! Sadly, my industry isn't really conducive to this sort of thing. I can't really see getting my school to fund me to take training courses like this. Not the sort of thing that is done usually.

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Can I be a GTD Trainer without one organization behind me?
I want to be certified but I want to keep doing trainer for several partners that I already have.
Can I offer classes by my own or how it works ?
Hi AllanTorres, it depends on what country you are in, and what the partner in that country chooses to do. Please email connect@davidco.com and tell us what country you are in. We will get you information about the partner in that country.

sholden

Registered
Can I be a GTD Trainer without one organization behind me?
I want to be certified but I want to keep doing trainer for several partners that I already have.
Can I offer classes by my own or how it works ?
In the U.S./Canda Training is via Crucial Learning (previously VitalSmarts) . I can only train internally to my organization. I would love to have more options to teach periodically in Southern California, but at the moment that is my restriction.