GTD Weekly Review Checklist

L

Lance Spencer

Attached is a MS Excel checklist that I threw together that allows one to gauge if he/she is keeping up with their GTD weekly review.

You can enter your personal goals and visually see if you meet them as well as measure if you are improving your review process efficiency.

It's simple, but works for me.

Feel free to use and share but please don't contact me with any problems. ;)

Please note:

Having a macro, when you open in Excel, it may warn that the file could potentially transmit a virus. This is normal. It's a security precaution in the MS Office products. You can confirm your level of macro security by selecting "Tools", "Macro", "Security". Anything above "low" will warn of potential virus risk.

You may select "Tools", "Macro", "Visual Basic Editor" to manually inspect the macro code. It's rather simplistic code.

Attached files image_203.zip (9.6 KB) 

A

andesee

Problem with file

Lance

My virus scanner detected a problem with this file and will not open

deekod

Registered
Love it, thanks for excel file - I used something similar for my reviews but yours is much better, thanks for sharing.

Derek.

L

Lance Spencer

GTD Checklist Macro

The GTD Checklist Excel Sheet that I posted uses an Excel Macro
to calculate the percentage of checkboxes used.

Having a macro, when you open in Excel, it may warn that the file
could potentially transmit a virus. This is normal. It's a security precaution in the MS Office products. You can confirm your level of macro security by selecting "Tools", "Macro", "Security". Anything above "low" will warn of potential virus risk.

You may select "Tools", "Macro", "Visual Basic Editor" to manually inspect the macro code. It's rather simplistic code.

While I certainly can't tell you to ignore the message, I can tell you that the file was virus free at the time of posting. Bottom line, run at your own comfort level.

To the individual (deekod) who said "love it". Thanks! Glad you find it of use. -Lance

sdann

Registered
I'm not downloading this. The user just joined and his first post contains a download that contains a "virus alert" we should bypass. If this is legitimate, then I apologize; if not, then that's bad.

deekod

Registered
sdann;53577 said:
I'm not downloading this. The user just joined and his first post contains a download that contains a "virus alert" we should bypass. If this is legitimate, then I apologize; if not, then that's bad.

I've used the spread and had no problems, well done Lance.

MiataPops

Registered
No virus

If you are concering about a virus, download the file and run your virus scanner on the file before you open it in Excel. The file does not contain a virus.

Well done, Lance, on the Weekly Checklist! You enabled me to mark my "Create Weekly Review Reminder Checklist" as completed. I adapted your form with the information from GTD's Weekly Review Template, and I added some color as well as a =TODAY() function to the date field.

Thanks a bunch for the heavy lifting with the macro.

L

Lance Spencer

=today()

Great MiataPops! I wouldn't mind seeing any enhancements posted on here
at some point. Good call with the =today(), will add to mine as well. Anything to make it even easier to complete.

Glad you found it of use.

P.S. Thanks for the 3rd party confirmation that my post is virus free.

MiataPops

Registered
Adapted GTD Weekly Review Checklist

Thanks again, Lance, for your creativity with this checklist, and your willingness to let others modify it for their use.

In addition to the =TODAY() function in the date field, I will add my name to the template so that's one less thing I have to do when I open it each week.

Dave

Attached files image_204.zip (10.1 KB) 

Cike

Registered
This is a nifty little tool and fits well with the GTD principle that sometimes making something look neat or fun to use will psychologically help with implementation of otherwise unattractive processes.

As for those getting virus messages, please don't hold it against the author. Many anti-virus programs look in MS Office documents to see if there are macros in place and issue a warning simply because the program cannot determine what those macros actually do.

No viruses in this file, though.

C

Michael Fahey

Registered
cannot open file

I have been trying to open file on my mac and keep getting message that it cannot be opened because i do not have application that can open it. I do have excel on my computer so i am baffled as to why it will not open.

Any suggestions?

MTF

nl4385

Registered
Look at the extension

Michael,

The file is downloadable as a .zip (compressed file). Before opening it, you will have to uncompress it. I don't know whith programm will do this on a MAC.

Hope this helps.

Cor

Julian

Registered
XLT Clarification

Once the zip is uncompressed, it generates a .XLT file, which my Mac (with MS Office) didn't understand. Changing xlt -> xls solved it.

actionman

Registered
Can't extract this?

Looks really interesting but I cant extract it - is it just because extracting files has changed since this was posted? I dont have problems unzipping files normally?

Thanks and hoep you are still using it!

G

how can i download this file? when clicking on it nothing happens ... :-(