Guided GTD Weekly Review

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Some of you may have joined or heard about the GTD "Tweekly" Review I did last week on Twitter. People seemed to really like the "guided" aspect to it, so I'm piloting one next week exclusively for Connect members through GoToWebinar. Should be a nice, easy format for you to follow. Click here for details and registration.

Since this invitation is available for GTD Connect members only, you will be asked on the registration form for your Connect login name. Please add that, although not your password.

For this first pilot one, I am choosing 10AM pacific time. I know this time doesn't work for all of you. I am so sorry for that. I will do my best to rotate the time on future ones to work for those of you that are in time zones where this is the middle of the night. I will see about recording this too.

Cheers,
Kelly

Barb

Registered
Poo

Darn it, I have a meeting. The WR is a strong point for me but hey...it's easier to build on a strength than correct a weakness!

Kelly, I know I've said it many times before but you're bringing some fantastic new energy to Connect. I think we all appreciate it very much!

apinaud

Registered
Barb;67489 said:
Kelly, I know I've said it many times before but you're bringing some fantastic new energy to Connect. I think we all appreciate it very much!

Kelly, I need to agree with Barb here, thanks for bring new life to Connect. As much as I have enjoy connect (and been here for sometime now) this new connect under your arm is like connect on steroids (in a good way, not baseball style ;))

Once in a while I question the investment on Connect, you have change that. Thanks.

toremor

Registered
Timezone tip for google calendar

With several connect events being global, different timezones might be difficult sometimes. Google calendar has a great solution to this.

Under "Settings" -> "General", "Your current time zone:", you can add an extra timezone that will be displayed together with your home zone. Add the timezone "GMT -8:00 Pacific time", that's Ojai time.

Now it's a lot easier to add events to the calendar.

sdann

Registered
I'm going to fully agree here on bringing more energy and new energy too. Thank you for that. I usually like to work independently, but the group weekly review was so great for me. I prepped so that my inboxes were processed and my email was at zero. Then when the tweekly started I followed along in rhythm. Done, done, done and done (etc.) There were also some good points mentioned.

sarahg

Registered
Yay!

I was just planning how I'd get up at 3am for this, and noticed your last paragraph about recording it & running future sessions at various other times. Whew, no need for a 3am start :twisted:

I'm very glad you're running these; the occasional guided review sounds like an ideal way to pick up my game :D

-- Sarah

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Here's the MindMap I used

Thanks to all of you who joined the Guided Weekly Review webinar I did today. Here is the MindMap I used. If you go into View>Presentation mode in Mind Manager, you can scroll through the 11 different steps by clicking the Next button.

We are working on making the webinar recording available as well.

Attached files image_338.mmap (29.3 KB) 

sdann

Registered
Thank you for the guided weekly review. By completing it on a Thursday, my weekend is now free without the "I have to do my weekly review" running through my mind. I also learned the difference between Empty Your Mind and Be Creative. Just not knowing already shows you that I'm not as creative as I want to be (I love being around the creative though, so no thinking I'm too stodgy.)

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
The next GTD Connect webinar will be July 8th

Glad you liked the format. I absolutely plan to do more "working webinars" for Connect members, in addition to more of the "presentation style" webinars.

The next one we have planned is with me & Meg Edwards on procrastination:

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/876334483

July 8th, 11am Pacific Time. Find your local time here.

This is free, and exclusive for GTD Connect members. You will be asked for your Connect user name on the simple registration form in that link.

We're working on getting the new webinar format posted to the home page like the teleseminar and public seminars are done. For now, I'll be announcing them in the Connect Forum.

Barb

Registered
Tried the Mindmap

Not that I didn't already have the stuff from the MindMap written out for WR use, but used Kelly's MindMap today. I liked the simplicity of it.

Guys, once you really get good at the WR, you may learn to actually look forward to it! I get up every Sunday morning at 5:30 to do mine...the house and the world is so quiet! I get through getting "clean" before Sunday morning, though. All paper is processed and my in box(es) are at zero. I jump right into a mind sweep and I'm off and running! I feel absolutely no resistance to doing the review at all!

At some point, I take my WR stuff outside on the patio and sip coffee and finish up. I love Sundays!

Balance

Registered
Points I noticed

Hi Guys,

I also took part in the weekly review (8:00 PM here in Israel) and then joined my virtual study group (11 PM) so I headed into my weekend with alot to think about.

What the webinar really emphasized for me is the efficiency with which Kelly walked us through it. I tend to make it into a bigger deal (what should I do next...how long should I spend on this) but we moved quickly and in a focused manner to each step and though obviously more time is needed, each step was very defined and there was no ambiguity. A step was finished and another started. This might be obvious, but it is one of the little/big things I have been noticing about GTD, what sometimes seem like good recommendations are actually critical issues in getting great results.

Thanks Kelly.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Here's the link!

(Excuse the repetition in posting this in two places on the Forum, but it's mentioned in two places so I wanted to cover both places)

Here is the link to watch/listen to the webinar I did on the Guided GTD Weekly Review. It's meant to be a working webinar, where you listen to me at times, and then have some "go do" time. It's 1hr20min total. Since this is an external web link, yet exclusive for GTD Connect members, you will be asked to enter your registration info again please, along with your Connect user name.

https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/340235163

For future ones, I will look at having these be converted into a video that can be posted inside the Connect media library, but in the interest of speed in getting this out to you all, this one is an external link.

Cheers,
Kelly

Barb

Registered
Tried something new

Am doing my WR early as I'm going out of town. Today I tried Kelly's tip of putting Someday/Maybe into a Mindmap. So far, I think I'm going to like this!

I am SO not engaged with Someday/Maybe in a list format!!

Mark Jantzen

Registered
Weekly Review Question

Hi Kelly,

I really enjoyed the Weekly Review webinar. I find the practical implementation tips of GTD the most helpful.

I have a question about the “Review Projects” section of the Weekly Review. How do you handle completing a project beyond just the marking off or deleting the item from you list manager?

Completion can impact things like action support related emails and physical support materials as well as making decisions about which stuff is now trash versus what might be reference.

Any other tips or things to consider so my system remains clean and current?

Thanks,
Mark

PS - I found a helpful Outlook technique. Like your suggestion of right mouse dragging to create a Task from an email I use the same technique to drag an email from a Task back into In. It emulates the Net Centrics functionality (Return to In) which I’m not allowed to install.