Headset for holding meetings from a hotel room

ArcCaster

Registered
Size of gear is a consideration when traveling.

Sometimes I participate in online meetings from my hotel room. Wondering if anyone has favorite headsets (or even USB microphones) that connect to a laptop, are easy to pack, and work well for them.

Thanks,
Rob

macgrl

Registered
Hi kelstarrising,

Is that a wireless (bluetooth) or usb headset? I too am looking for a decent headset for skype etc calls.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
I use the wired version, but I know others that have the wireless. I use it for Skype calls, GoToMeetings, my podcasts, all of our webinars, etc.

ArcCaster

Registered
Thanks Kelly,

I ordered one this morning.

The reviews say the same thing about the headset as they did about my Klipsch ProMedia computer speakers, which I absolutely love.

Looking forward to my next conference call :)

Rob

v281

Registered
I travel quite a bit and my favorite for the last few years has been the Plantronics Calisto bluetooth headset. It's very light, compact, clips on one ear and you've got freedom to move around while on the call.

rsailer

Registered
Bluetooth Headset

I just started using the Bose Bluetooth headset for my iPhone and for work. It has great sound for listening and (I think) a pretty good microphone. It is a bit pricey but I am really liking it.

Randy

ArcCaster

Registered
Typically, my conference calls occur in front of a laptop, which I may or may not be sharing over the web with those on my call. So a USB connection is fine (it is longer than my arms, which remain connected to my laptop keyboard).

I used the Everyman Freetalk this week -- it worked great! Thanks Kelly!

Of course, now I have experienced the quality of the sound from this headset, I wonder about a wireless version for occasions where I am NOT connected to a keyboard. But currently I don't use Skype. Maybe it is time to revisit my base technology for phone calls.

Thanks again.
Rob

LEAJ4

Registered
Wireless headset for sure

I attend a lot of webinars and don't like to be tethered to my computer (even though I'm generally an attentive attendee) so I much prefer a wireless headset (I have both kinds).

The Asus Travelite headset/mike I've had for a few years works very well. It connects with a USB and if I'm worried about whether the charge will hold for the call, I use an extender (it has a ridiculously short cord). The unit folds up into a nice round zippered case.

I agree with this reviewer who loves the headset, but complains about the poor quality manual--it took me awhile to figure out how everything works.
http://www.epinions.com/review/ASUS_HS_1000W_Headphones_101544384/content_495474085508?sb=1

Leslie

ArcCaster

Registered
Awesome for music too

kelstarrising;96974 said:
I use the Everyman Freetalk. Best one I've found.

I now carry this with me on trips; to date, I've used it exclusively for VOIP conferences. It is excellent!

Today, in preparation for another VOIP conference, I pulled it out of my rollerbag, plugged it in, and, as a test, turned on Pandora -- Wow! Very distinct articulation and great highs and lows.

Think I'll listen for a while.

Thanks Kelly.
Rob

Barb

Registered
Dumb question

Ok, I'm coming in late to this thread. Forgive me it this has been asked and answered.

I'm not a Skyper and never will be, but I'd LOVE to get a wireless headset for my computer to listen to webinars, music, etc. I'd also love to be able to just order it from Amazon. Could someone recommend something specific? I'm a Windows woman, if that matters.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
Barb;110014 said:
Ok, I'm coming in late to this thread. Forgive me it this has been asked and answered.

I'm not a Skyper and never will be, but I'd LOVE to get a wireless headset for my computer to listen to webinars, music, etc. I'd also love to be able to just order it from Amazon. Could someone recommend something specific? I'm a Windows woman, if that matters.

Hi Barb,

I'd still recommend the Everyman Wireless. It says it's designed for Skype, but it will serve your needs as well, including GTD Connect webinars.

http://www.amazon.com/FreeTalk-Ever...=1379614881&sr=8-3&keywords=everyman+wireless

Kelly

Barb

Registered
Thanks!

Thanks, Kelly. Amazon has some pretty bad reviews of this. Several people talk about the headset breaking apart because the band is held to the earpiece with just a plastic screw. Can anyone speak to this?

ArcCaster

Registered
Everyman headset

Hi Barb,

Mine has ridden in a canvas pouch in a pocket in the fabric top of my roller bag for the last 18 months. In other words, not an awful lot separating it from the knocks of the world. When I used it today, it was still unbroken.

But maybe I am extra gentle -- my Klipsch computer speakers received the same kind of reviews for being fragile, and they have worked flawlessly for years!

Rob

Barb

Registered
Great!

ArcCaster;110019 said:
Hi Barb,

Mine has ridden in a canvas pouch in a pocket in the fabric top of my roller bag for the last 18 months. In other words, not an awful lot separating it from the knocks of the world. When I used it today, it was still unbroken.

But maybe I am extra gentle -- my Klipsch computer speakers received the same kind of reviews for being fragile, and they have worked flawlessly for years!

Rob

Good to hear, Rob. I tend to think that people who are strongly dissatisfied are more likely to write Amazon reviews anyway. So I'll order!