Hourly reminder tool (for creating habits at work)

georgekao

Registered
I've been looking for a web tool (like SlimTimer which I use everyday) that can serve as a reminder when someone is trying to create a new habit while working at the computer.

1. It would allow you to program a pop-up reminder at whatever interval you choose (every 5, 10, 15, 30, 60, 90 minutes etc.) And it should be easy to do, i.e. you shouldn't need to know how to program a script. It should be usable by any average internet user.

2. When programming the pop-up reminder you can customized the message to say whatever you want (e.g. "log your energy level.") In fact if multiple people use the same computer and a particular action needs to be taken at regular intervals, this could be a great tool also.

3. The tool would ideally be cross-platform (at least both Windows and Mac, but ideally also cross-browser: Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari) so I can recommend it to all my coaching clients.

This seems like such a simple idea that someone who have thought of long ago... but I've searched the internet using various keywords like "hourly reminder", "reminder utility", "break reminder" and cannot (easily) find anything that does all three of the above.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks so much,
George

ChrisF

Registered
Ditto. Thought about the same thing. Maybe a tray icon so you have quick easy access. A couple thought out presets and on/off.

moises

Registered
DanGTD;65523 said:
TimeLeft fits the first two requirements, and it has a tray icon, however I think it's only for Windows: TimeLeft
DanGTD,

I love it. I installed it at home and work. It's great. Thanks.

moises

ScottL

Registered
There is a program called pester which sounds a repeating alarm at variable intervals. It is written for palm OS PDAs and i've used it for years. I don't think it is supported any more, but you might be able to find it via a google search.