How do I keep my files upright??

si_gale

Registered
HI there,

I have recently started GTD. I have all my manila folders in my filing cabinet but I don't have enough for the whole draw so they end up falling down. Does anyone have any advice on how to keep them together and upright? Is there such a device?

Thanks for your help,

Si

duodecad

Registered
My solution isn't the most aesthetically pleasing, but I use small cardboard boxes inside my file cabinets to "brace" folders upright when there aren't enough in there to stand vertically on their own. What I'm using right now is an empty box left over from the last time I ordered checks from my bank. Anything that's small enough to fit in the empty space will do nicely.

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
There's a specific name for this, and it inserts into your filing cabinet. Not all cabinets allow it. I can't remember what it is called, but I know this question has come up quite a few times in the Forums. Sorry!

I've coached people and we've just used things like reams of paper, boxes, and even once a football to keep them in place.

My HON has a adjustable slider door built into it.

Oogiem

Registered
kelstarrising;80266 said:
There's a specific name for this, and it inserts into your filing cabinet.

Follow-Block is how I found it when I went searching for them.

Can be retrofitted to some file cabinets depending on the maker.

A.Young

Registered
saw it at staples

I saw a thing that fits in filing cabinets made just for this purpose. I dont use these types of filing cabinets but if I did these would be the ticket.

si_gale

Registered
Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I have ordered some magnetic bookends and hopefully they will do the job. Otherwise I will use my imagination and use something lying round the office.

I know I'm preaching to the converted but GTD has helped me become so much more organized and efficient.

Thank you tribe