Idea of implementing origami in to the physical gathering stage of GTD because of Ethics versus idea of purchasing items

Dear david allen forum,

I wanted to make a post on forum about topic of something which relates to first/second parts of the book.

About physical gathering.

While I am - trying get get back on the wagon of persons David allen GTD, trying to get back into it.

He writes stuff about physical gathering, physical sorting everything in your property parameters.

I was thinking to myself - once you have decided on the stuff you want to keep - why not literally do something like have everything in your main room organized according to boxes- like literally put everything in a box , that is also labelled (if understand what trying to say?).

Like the idea occurred to myself - why not use paper origami - because it is more ethical making something yourself, self made.

Or you could also do something such as purchase type containers from shop with cash - like opaque (coloured) containers , be able to see through them, have them immediately visible.

Like - I spent small amount of time on website Wiki How - where it has types of articles on how to do stuff like origami *1

Does anyone on this forum see anything against this idea? @Mrs-Polifax @John Forrister at least start with @René Lie or @bcmyers2112 maybe also?
Because I remember it being written in a book an example of origami/craft being an example of a hobby - something which maybe isn’t a top priority, but on a someday/maybe list.

*1 Like there are articles on how to do stuff - from how to make a basic paper storage box.

Or stuff like making smaller style origami style boxes e.g. maybe 5x5 or 5x10 in (dimensions (multiple ones to put together - which could be used for something such as organising supplies.

I wonder is it ,can it be against forum make links to other websites?

E.g. this 1 first article I found [How to Make an Origami Box with Printer Paper: 12 Steps (wikihow.com)] after one basic search, there seems many articles about this topic

If this thread gets feed back , I could continue to update it.

Had idea - I could start with some origami, then at same time later - try show what I was trying explain with opaque storage box.

I am not sure I was able to express myself.

Idea of implementing origami in to the physical gathering stage of GTD because of Ethics versus idea or purchasing items

"ITM

I see @Mrs-Polifax

and yesterday - I actually tried doing the example in link above, it worked
May be an image of text

"STN?

edit @26/01

1706266758352.png

Last edited:

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
@TimBourne.

Good job creating this origami box! I like the way you show the box that was created in the video tutorial next to the box you created. Except for the color, the boxes look very similar.

@TimBourne.

Good job creating this origami box! I like the way you show the box that was created in the video tutorial next to the box you created. Except for the color, the boxes look very similar.
thanks
it was so much of video tutorial but more step by step picture instructions on the website page.
I tried making the second box - because felt like didn't make the first box totally perfect with my folding/creases (not perfectly aligned)
But with second box - I made it while I was feeling uncomfortable in my house and came back to it a second time.

Its best to do origami in one sit in undistracted

ITM
See two images below - the first box I just tried putting three things on which had in other black see through coloured box behind it - thought to myself I am not actually sure what s best put in these small type styled paper boxes - stationary supplies probably like pins or elastic bands or paper clips?
1706266078475.png
1706266063707.png

Then I tried searching more on the wiki site "origami" - see that there like 15 pages of searches come up and see like there is lot of results things not so much to do with storage or organizing but like origami craft generically which I am not so into?

[https://www.wikihow.com/wikiHowTo?search=origami&Search=]

I see there is a sub page on the website devoted to origami , so maybe I should try some different model.
[https://www.wikihow.com/Category:Origami]

I was searching for something on the site I had I saw before by chance - when searched something into my browser
I found a result come up on the website - showing type origami boxes - like a whole origami storage tower with b maybe 2x6 boxes together?

so in conclusion
I am not sure what's best way use these boxes just shown here, maybe users have suggestion?

@TimBourne.

1706969532833.png

ITM

I tried to do a different version/model on the website

and this time it didn't work out

FMAW

seeing no reply from mrs_polifax in previous post