Interview with David Allen in The Atlantic

TesTeq

Registered
Do we really know what kind of parent Bach was?

CJSullivan;103116 said:
I loved David's observation about J.S. Bach and his 20 children! :cool:

But do we really know what kind of parent Bach was? Maybe he was composing all day and his wife was dealing with all those family issues?

CJSullivan

Registered
TesTeq;103141 said:
But do we really know what kind of parent Bach was? Maybe he was composing all day and his wife was dealing with all those family issues?

Ha! You make a very good point! His poor wife was probably running around saying "What's my desired outcome? What's my next action?! If I hear one more fugue I'm going to go mad!"

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
Speaking as a classical music fan, I can say that his parenting was good in the sense that it produced three accomplished composers out of the many children.

CJSullivan

Registered
John Forrister;103176 said:
Speaking as a classical music fan, I can say that his parenting was good in the sense that it produced three accomplished composers out of the many children.

Indeed! I'm quite partial to "CPE" myself! ;)

TesTeq

Registered
Cunning kids!

John Forrister;103176 said:

3 out of 20? Cunning kids! They've figured out early how to avoid washing the dishes and sweeping the floor...