looking forward to apple iphone!

clango

Registered
:) I agree with you! But you are more lucky than me. I live in Italy and it'll arrive later and more expensive. Touch screen, phone, email, voice mail. Do you know if you can register a voice note?

Ciao from Italy

darlakbrown

Registered
hmm.. I don't know about voice capture. It does run Os X so I'm sure you'll be able to buy or install scripts and other add-ons to make it do that.

I also like how you can tilt it to watch a video in widescreen and how the picture seems to go to the edge of the unit (similar to Sony PSP).

If I get one, I'll report back!

S

soabbott

I agree. The iphone looks absolutely amazing. Revolutionary. Steve Jobs, as ever, is playing at the top of his game. There is a man who is Getting Things Done. I wonder what his GTD process is? Could David get an interview for Connect members? (Not being too serious there but wouldn't that be great...)

Simon

Max

Registered
soabbott;44901 said:
I agree. The iphone looks absolutely amazing. Revolutionary. Steve Jobs, as ever, is playing at the top of his game. There is a man who is Getting Things Done. I wonder what his GTD process is? Could David get an interview for Connect members? (Not being too serious there but wouldn't that be great...)

Simon

Yes, sharing that interview with everyone would suck. Definately only provide it to the elite.

GTDWorks

Registered
This phone looks amazing. But I just bought a Palm Treo 700wx. It's a good phone, but nothing like the iPhone, it seems.

Did anyone hear whether or not it will handle tasks? I didn't see that feature featured in Steve's presentation.

darlakbrown

Registered
I believe it will handle tasks in the sense that Mac Os X handles tasks with ical. And of course I'm sure a bunch of apps will be built to run "lighter" for it.

I'm not too crazy about the lack of a keyboard. He says it will have a touch sense keyboard, which in the past have not been so great. So I'm anxious to see how well that works.

B

boris

Bulit in GTD

Of course, the iPhone will have everything you can think of.
GTD application, built-in. Who have doubted that? :cool:

R

ReBuild

The iPhone besides having a lot of cool features, also has a top line price tag, and will be tied (within the US) to Cingular. So while we wait, we may want to save our dollars to afford this toy. Plus consider if you want to change carriers and tie yourself into a 2 year contract.

As an aside one heavy mac user pointed out to me, he wont be getting one ... throwing it on the dashboard is out (his standard storage spot for cell phones).

Turning to Steve Jobs GTD methodology, there are a number of posts out on the web that outline his approach to presentations. If your interested just google Jobs and presentations. As to his GTD "style" his the boss ... and there are real horror stories around Steve's management style (both internal and external to Apple). So I would not necessary hold him up as a poster boy of management.

K

karmadog

Does IPhone have PDA functionality??

Does IPhone have PDA functionality?

mmurray

Registered
Before we get too excited you might want to read this

http://pogue.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/01/11/the-ultimate-iphone-frequently-asked-questions/

The iPhone will not be open to third party applications because Apple are worried about the effect that might have on its reliability. So the app's on it will be all provided by Apple. I guess they may go to third party providers but I don't see a slew of share ware developers like you get for the Palm.

There is some other intersting stuff in that interview.

Michael

mmurray

Registered
Gameboy70;45068 said:
Will the iPhone have a multiple-category Task/To-Do feature? All I see are Memos, Calendar and Contacts.

At this point in time I don't think anyone outside Apple knows. Also it isn't finished eg: there is a continuation of that David Pogue FAQ in which he says the Calendar functionality wasn't finished when he played with it but it did have a `make new activity' option so it isn't just a one way sync of your desktop. If it is iCal then it will have the iCal type To-Do handling. Not very sophisticated -- you can get categories by making them separate `calendars'.

The best source of info on iPhone on the net seems to be www.iphoneforum.info

Michael