Mobile GTD'ers - What mobile device is your list manager on?

rubycoupe

Registered
I try to keep it simple --- on my iPhone 3G, I just use Things by CulturedCode. It syncs quickly over wi-fi, is very flexible and I think the clean, uncluttered interface is what has made it my one and only list manager.

ScottL

Registered
rubycoupe;69017 said:
I try to keep it simple --- on my iPhone 3G, I just use Things by CulturedCode. It syncs quickly over wi-fi, is very flexible and I think the clean, uncluttered interface is what has made it my one and only list manager.

Agreed iphone 3G and Things--I LOVE Things. Very simple and easy to use. Also, I can view next actions by context, or see all the next actions by project ( I do tend to write down all or most of the next actions for many projects). I do one extra thing though: even though my iphone is always with me, most nights I print out the next action list and highlight the ones I'd like to do the next day and bring the printout with me to work.

petdr

Registered
Treo 755p

My core list manager is my Treo 755p with third party apps using the native database (so I don't have to worry about losing information if I change apps). Apps include DateBk6, MemoLeaf, and Essential PIM (EPIM). EPIM is portable in USB so can be used to access all Palm database on any computer. The added bonus with EPIM is ability to link (attach) files to the list or memos, i.e. support materials, references. The new version does emails also so able to integrate gmail and google calendar into my system.

All sync reliably with Palm Desktop.

Used to use Life Balance but was not at my home PC much so couldn't access the desktop outline to look at the big picture as I can with EPIM.

Karole

Registered
I use an HTC S640 and Windows Mobile. The HTC is awful (but I'm stuck in a contract) and Windows mobile is useless as a list manager. I'm toying with the idea of getting an iTouch and using Toodledo for GTD.
Anyone know if Toodledo works with the GTD addin?
On my desktop I use Outlook 2007 with the new GTD add-in which is wonderfu. I print my Next Actions at the beginning of the week and carry them with me or have them close at hand for reviewing on a regular basis. Most days I create an action list for the day to help me refocus when I encounter interruptions or I get distracted.

Pablo

Registered
I use Outlook on my desktop & Beyond Contacts (Outlook clone) on my Palm TX. I've tried many Internet, stand-alone & paper based GTD systems but I'm most comfortable with a portable system that hangs on my belt. I use a moleskin type notebook as my capture device & at the end of the day I copy the information into my desktop & then sync it to my Palm device.

Pablo

mmurray

Registered
JohnsKim;68924 said:
I use a Mac and iPhone with the very robust (and expensive)
OmniFocus software and app. I end up doing more reviews than once a week
because it's so cool and convenient!

Ditto and ditto :)

Michael

Philb

Registered
nick_ross;68883 said:
I have recently dug out my old iPaq 4150 and am using MyLifeOrganized on it as a list manager.

The good thing about the 4150 is it's light, small, and easy to use - all I need to do now is find the stylus (cue Next Action).

MLO on windows mobile is a great solution - and synchronising with the desktop is invaluable.

All I need now is MLO for the iPhone....

Also using MLO Windows Mobile version on the Ipaq 210. Love the big screen. It syncs back to the MLO Desktop in Windows. Great software.

matsuru

Registered
Philb;69226 said:
Also using MLO Windows Mobile version on the Ipaq 210. Love the big screen. It syncs back to the MLO Desktop in Windows. Great software.

Hey Philb! I am also using ipaq 210 as my main gtd tool. coupled with sony erricson P990i + outlook.:D

EMarkM

Registered
EMarkM;68971 said:
iPhone & Mac "Things" (but keep thinking about OmniFocus...)

And...today I bought OF! Just the iPhone app, though: not shelled out for the desktop app yet. Spent this morning manually moving everything over, and am very happy so far.

Just got sick of Cultured Code's attitude to product-improvement and their customers in the end.

Pablo

Registered
peakaytea;69297 said:
Palm TX. Considering moving to a blackberry.

Peakaytea,

Currently using the Palm TX & Blackberry 8703e. I find that GTD is easier to use on the Palm than the BB. Only drawback is that I'm having to carry two devices.
Thinking about the Palm Pre if it will handle some of the old software that I have. Smartlist, Brainforest, Beyond Contacts & Traxitall.

Pablo

severance1970

Registered
After 3 years of using some variation of Palm OS smartphone and Palm Desktop, I've switched over to using the Treo Pro (Windows Mobile) and Celio Redfly for mobile calendar and list management, and Outlook on the desktop at work. I always do my weekly reviews off site to avoid getting sucked into the busy trap at work, so using the Redfly as an external screen and keyboard for the Treo allows me to avoid one more layer of synchronization issues, and I can choose any venue without having to worry about power outlets or wireless connections.

Moving to POS to WM wasn't easy, especially due to complications with ActiveSync. But with no further POS products in the pipeline, WM at least offers a wider array of smartphone form factors and specs to choose from. I tried to Palm Pre for a week and quickly realized it wasn't for me. I prefer the efficiency of front-facing keyboards to sliders, and the lack of categorized tasks was unacceptible. Synergy in its current state isn't anywhere near a robust as local syncing alternatives.

For basic PIM, I'm just using the built-in apps: Tasks, Calendar and Notes. But I'm considering adding Checklist Pro and Pocket Mindmap to augment my project planning.

Flyer

Registered
Paper

Mine is just paper... but then, my life isn´t very mobile.

I guess that the fact that I carry my excel file with the lists in a USB stick, so that I can access them from any computer, also counts as a part of a mobile solution.

I print out relevant lists when I go and capture new stuff on that sheet of paper, to be updated when I get to the computer again.

Simple, low tech, but enough for my needs.