Myself Tim going over one type of book summary blog article on internet (first link which came up with search was Sam Davies) after making a previous

titled continued: previous thread (I could hyper link here because didn't get response like I would have expected (about attempting reading all through the paper back of book.
9 Nov 2023 12:40
In the moment I myself Tim had ideas
About making new threads on the GTD forum

At least one more on the topic of “book summaries” online articles , links on net about this topic (like blogs people of written)

I feel like it is appropriate for myself literally try to create this put this into practice
titled continued: previous thread (I could hyper link here because didn't get response like I would have expected (about attempting reading all through the paper back of book.

Because of the problems myself Tim feels like experiencing at the moment.
To literally try to bring users/viewers to this thread by using tag function?

• Where I made a previous thread literally sharing about myself going through the book, I feel literally unable to take certain things from it.
  • Mention the current problems where I literally feel like I am at right now with my life e.g. I still haven’t got a type of filling system which is key idea in book.
  • Or because of my living/finance situation and accommodation I haven’t got proper large writing surface really.
Ideas come to my mind that may end up needing to request for paid coaching.
If I still feel like I am unable to get myself together after trying to do the suggested actions by persons John forrister @John Forrister (like going through the GTD group forums on book reading about GTD with 14 chapters

[Book Summary: Getting Things Done by David Allen | Sam Thomas Davies (samuelthomasdavies.com)]

Then write other activities

eTjhe0lSFvpYp5XsbywFEGpy-nxHhQI4b9rpYKiM3O_-woNwAWsW2HiLDan3IoEdD4BVShc4-Ud3MZtwEEFi8vrVnGojaI4WQDacS2Ge7MDpnxnMHgWcB2eUidFKCSPIAapL242WYV7zJLXYE8MpCk0

Key things myself time took from reading this 13 page book summary

They key things took:

Were on page 4 of this pdf - talking about if something is actionable or non actionable
Something must have saw when originally reading my copy of the paper back of the book - but am not sure how much I took with my own notes

Do i literally need do something like make an A5 intray of this concept? “No because I am documenting it here (right now)
About the idea of something actional

I really think it is worth myself Tim to print of a type of format of these paragraphs seen
sQ-pbmX0ZPAdy-ADf17GncFoUMwQLaDrweQqs6G7bJhvKyvmK9XNq3tlHyrIjpdK49aySjfATlO77S59_Iiw0VxeDSFlfoMwI5PFeBxmV5LA4DkjitkXhya8Iv1vzNuwlS3CW05EApn5vk3_6o7ky0w

Using a purple memory stick on my fathers computer, will need need to format it so it is better for printing I believe

They key points which taken here

Incubate and reference - I feel like I need to literally have a better reference system (which wrote before should make post in forum about) and my current incubation system isn’t good enough having just used types cardboard boxes in room move/place objects in …

“Yes its worth having paragraph written down about actionable

“Also page 6 of this the weekly review is worth myself Tim having a physical copy written off literally on a sheet like format in wallet to help - like other user forum user recommended can’t remember name of right now

@20 21 coming back to this now was there - something in this type of PDF sheet which actually wasn’t fully sure about?
Go over main pdf again

Don’t have do actions were contemplating
And call it that

The Book in Three Sentences

The Five Big Ideas

Getting Things Done Summary

The Five Steps of Mastering Workflow

The Three Requirements to Make the Capturing Phase
Work

Getting Things Done Workflow Chart
The Four-Criteria Model for Choosing Actions in the
Moment

The Threefold Model for Identifying Daily Work

The Six-Level Model for Reviewing Your Own Work

Processing Guidelines
*coming back white reading that title - gave myself thought actually when I went over intray reviewing stuff for first time, I simply put stuff back in intray - after right example next step to do on a5 card

Recommended Reading

*anxiety /guilt happens with inappropriate managed commitments to yourself

"Action thinking to myself - also could be worth myself getting a completely new version of GTD book to go over again instead of paper back which is now thorougly underlined on the pages

on my most popular thread I previously tagged people
Also worth persons
@DKPhoto
@gtdstudente dente

@Shady Waxwing

20 47 back to myself I presume nothing against this forum rules writing about book summary made by other person - right?

STN @ 20 48

Attachments

• Getting Things Done by David Allen.pdf
    654.6 KB · Views: 7
ITM
20/11
@09:44

I see that no one got back to this thread here yet (even not @John Forrister ) even though I tagged him
I presume that is because he is a busy person

But reason why I might have thought to post here is because it just came to my mind "Is that something which persons David A or his fourm mods here (for example)" would be against myself doing/posting - posts about the topic of blogs/articles reviewing the GTD book here

But at same time I might have thought maybe looking over type of GTD book summaries pdfs could help my retention/comprehension

" user @Mrs-Polifax " maybe interested here"

ST

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
I have been meaning to tell you that I regret that your post was deleted. It wasn't about you personally. It happened because the forum is about GTD, and the moderator needs to redirect everyone toward that topic. It could have happened to anyone who strayed from the subject of the forum. I know you are very interested in the topic of your health, and when we are in a tough situation like that, it naturally has a lot of our attention. It's just not the subject of this forum, which is designed as a place to discuss and learn about GTD.

I hear that you may have some uncertainty now about what is okay to do here on the forum. I can understand that. To me, it seems like a good idea to check it out in that case. I don't know anyone here who is a moderator, but I did hear from John Forrister when I started on the forum about a year ago. I think you also were in touch with him. If I wanted to know what was okay to do, I'd contact John Forrister and ask him.

I hear in your above post that you are wondering why people are not getting back to this thread. I think it is because you have set it up as a place where you are writing a personal log in your own way that may or may not be particularly clear to others. This may make it seem like a private space that others want to respect. If you want private space, that might be an effective strategy. If you want connection with others, it might not be as effective.

If you would enjoy having more connection with others, and if you would like to learn more about GTD, you can read other posts here on the forum and see how others are using this forum. You can make comments on the existing posts about GTD, or you can ask for clarification of anything about GTD related to the post that you don't understand. You can create posts that request help with GTD or that raise a topic for discussion about GTD. If you explain that you're relatively new to GTD, I'm sure people here will be very welcoming and supportive.

The forum can be a great place for a beginner to get advice and help and support about GTD. Maybe you aren't ready to do that yet. That's okay. You can start where you are. Read the books. Take notes. Think about it. Work on your comprehension. Take the time you need. Just be aware that you have choices when you're ready.

I have been meaning to tell you that I regret that your post was deleted. It wasn't about you personally. It happened because the forum is about GTD, and the moderator needs to redirect everyone toward that topic. It could have happened to anyone who strayed from the subject of the forum. I know you are very interested in the topic of your health, and when we are in a tough situation like that, it naturally has a lot of our attention. It's just not the subject of this forum, which is designed as a place to discuss and learn about GTD.

I hear that you may have some uncertainty now about what is okay to do here on the forum. I can understand that. To me, it seems like a good idea to check it out in that case. I don't know anyone here who is a moderator, but I did hear from John Forrister when I started on the forum about a year ago. I think you also were in touch with him. If I wanted to know what was okay to do, I'd contact John Forrister and ask him.

I hear in your above post that you are wondering why people are not getting back to this thread. I think it is because you have set it up as a place where you are writing a personal log in your own way that may or may not be particularly clear to others. This may make it seem like a private space that others want to respect. If you want private space, that might be an effective strategy. If you want connection with others, it might not be as effective.

If you would enjoy having more connection with others, and if you would like to learn more about GTD, you can read other posts here on the forum and see how others are using this forum. You can make comments on the existing posts about GTD, or you can ask for clarification of anything about GTD related to the post that you don't understand. You can create posts that request help with GTD or that raise a topic for discussion about GTD. If you explain that you're relatively new to GTD, I'm sure people here will be very welcoming and supportive.

The forum can be a great place for a beginner to get advice and help and support about GTD. Maybe you aren't ready to do that yet. That's okay. You can start where you are. Read the books. Take notes. Think about it. Work on your comprehension. Take the time you need. Just be aware that you have choices when you're ready.

ITM scanning over this
What other books are there?
Yeah focusing on existing posts and asking for clarification.
Yeah I agree that my writing may not be clear to others because of my lack of discipline in writing.
Yeah John Forrister was the person who introduced me to this fourm after I contacted him on the main GTD website.
"happened because the forum is about GTD, and the moderator needs to redirect everyone toward that topic. " I understand that my writing could be seen as off topic. But also isn't health related to GTD? I am surprised that @davidcoforum didn't not reply to the reply I asked him?" ST

Mrs-Polifax

Registered
I'm sorry I don't have answers for you about the GTD Forum. I'm a participant, like you. I don't know much about regulations or moderators here. For myself, I think at this point that everything in my life is included in GTD because GTD is about whatever is on my mind. I've found the GTD Forum to be a generally friendly, interesting place where people enjoy interacting and offering each other their ideas about GTD, and I've been glad to discover it. I hope you will venture out and see what is going on here at the GTD Forum. I believe that participating in the Forum will help you learn. I won't deny that GTD has been a challenge for me to learn. I'm still very much a beginner after studying David Allen's books for years. That's okay. Everyone is different. We need to start where we are when we're ready.

gtdstudente

Registered
9 Nov 2023 12:40
In the moment I myself Tim had ideas
About making new threads on the GTD forum

At least one more on the topic of “book summaries” online articles , links on net about this topic (like blogs people of written)

I feel like it is appropriate for myself literally try to create this put this into practice

Because of the problems myself Tim feels like experiencing at the moment.
To literally try to bring users/viewers to this thread by using tag function?

• Where I made a previous thread literally sharing about myself going through the book, I feel literally unable to take certain things from it.
  • Mention the current problems where I literally feel like I am at right now with my life e.g. I still haven’t got a type of filling system which is key idea in book.
  • Or because of my living/finance situation and accommodation I haven’t got proper large writing surface really.
Ideas come to my mind that may end up needing to request for paid coaching.
If I still feel like I am unable to get myself together after trying to do the suggested actions by persons John forrister @John Forrister (like going through the GTD group forums on book reading about GTD with 14 chapters

[Book Summary: Getting Things Done by David Allen | Sam Thomas Davies (samuelthomasdavies.com)]

Then write other activities

eTjhe0lSFvpYp5XsbywFEGpy-nxHhQI4b9rpYKiM3O_-woNwAWsW2HiLDan3IoEdD4BVShc4-Ud3MZtwEEFi8vrVnGojaI4WQDacS2Ge7MDpnxnMHgWcB2eUidFKCSPIAapL242WYV7zJLXYE8MpCk0

Key things myself time took from reading this 13 page book summary

They key things took:

Were on page 4 of this pdf - talking about if something is actionable or non actionable
Something must have saw when originally reading my copy of the paper back of the book - but am not sure how much I took with my own notes

Do i literally need do something like make an A5 intray of this concept? “No because I am documenting it here (right now)
About the idea of something actional

I really think it is worth myself Tim to print of a type of format of these paragraphs seen
sQ-pbmX0ZPAdy-ADf17GncFoUMwQLaDrweQqs6G7bJhvKyvmK9XNq3tlHyrIjpdK49aySjfATlO77S59_Iiw0VxeDSFlfoMwI5PFeBxmV5LA4DkjitkXhya8Iv1vzNuwlS3CW05EApn5vk3_6o7ky0w

Using a purple memory stick on my fathers computer, will need need to format it so it is better for printing I believe

They key points which taken here

Incubate and reference - I feel like I need to literally have a better reference system (which wrote before should make post in forum about) and my current incubation system isn’t good enough having just used types cardboard boxes in room move/place objects in …

“Yes its worth having paragraph written down about actionable

“Also page 6 of this the weekly review is worth myself Tim having a physical copy written off literally on a sheet like format in wallet to help - like other user forum user recommended can’t remember name of right now

@20 21 coming back to this now was there - something in this type of PDF sheet which actually wasn’t fully sure about?
Go over main pdf again

Don’t have do actions were contemplating
And call it that

The Book in Three Sentences

The Five Big Ideas

Getting Things Done Summary

The Five Steps of Mastering Workflow

The Three Requirements to Make the Capturing Phase
Work

Getting Things Done Workflow Chart
The Four-Criteria Model for Choosing Actions in the
Moment

The Threefold Model for Identifying Daily Work

The Six-Level Model for Reviewing Your Own Work

Processing Guidelines
*coming back white reading that title - gave myself thought actually when I went over intray reviewing stuff for first time, I simply put stuff back in intray - after right example next step to do on a5 card

Recommended Reading

*anxiety /guilt happens with inappropriate managed commitments to yourself

"Action thinking to myself - also could be worth myself getting a completely new version of GTD book to go over again instead of paper back which is now thorougly underlined on the pages

on my most popular thread I previously tagged people
Also worth persons
@DKPhoto
@gtdstudente dente

@Shady Waxwing

20 47 back to myself I presume nothing against this forum rules writing about book summary made by other person - right?

STN @ 20 48
TimBourne,

Great job on reading through GTD and GTD summaries

After reading any unauthorized GTD summaries perhaps you too might deem it important to go back to the original to make sure the unauthorized summaries are actually helping with GTD clarity without adding any confusion

Along with one's own GTD understanding, If anyone comes across any unauthorized GTD summary's that seem to contradict authored books by David Allen or supplement materials offered by The David Allen Company then that would seem to be a worthy discussion for GTD accuracy/clarification?

Good job

Thank you very much and as you see GTD fit

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
"happened because the forum is about GTD, and the moderator needs to redirect everyone toward that topic. " I understand that my writing could be seen as off topic. But also isn't health related to GTD? I am surprised that @davidcoforum didn't not reply to the reply I asked him?" ST

Hi Tim, the way I would distinguish it is that anything could be related to GTD, and this forum is specifically to discuss the GTD methodology. You could have an area of focus called health. How that area fits in your overall GTD system could be good for discussing here, but the content of that area probably wouldn't be. I could discuss whether my smartphone's camera is a capture tool, and whether the photos on my phone are inbox items to process. Recently I took a photo of a restored British Mini. I consider that photo an inbox item to process, so that could be part of a GTD discussion. But the discussion of Mini as a car wouldn't belong here.

Hi Tim, the way I would distinguish it is that anything could be related to GTD, and this forum is specifically to discuss the GTD methodology. You could have an area of focus called health. How that area fits in your overall GTD system could be good for discussing here, but the content of that area probably wouldn't be. I could discuss whether my smartphone's camera is a capture tool, and whether the photos on my phone are inbox items to process. Recently I took a photo of a restored British Mini. I consider that photo an inbox item to process, so that could be part of a GTD discussion. But the discussion of Mini as a car wouldn't belong here.
ITM

I glanced over the three replies here
after logging in
Thanks

That other user I tagged Davidcofourm - didn't get back because there are no "list of rules" on this fourm per say? But persons @John Forrister explaining needs to be focused on GTD methodology

John Forrister

GTD Connect
Staff member
ITM

I glanced over the three replies here
after logging in
Thanks

That other user I tagged Davidcofourm - didn't get back because there are no "list of rules" on this fourm per say? But persons @John Forrister explaining needs to be focused on GTD methodology
I noticed that we used to have a sticky post (stayed at the top of the forum) about the purpose. That might have disappeared at our last forum software change. In any case, we have posted again about a week and a half ago to say the purpose is to discuss GTD. I hope that's useful.