Natural Planning Model as MindManager map

Howard

Registered
In an effort to be more systematic in my project planning I have translated DA's Natural Planning Model into a MindManager map. It is a straight copy of the model as shown on the GTD template card, plus a branch at the bottom showing some further information that Lisa Peake posted about reviewing projects (can't remember exactly where I found that bit). Run your cursor over the notes icons to reveal the full text. The map helps me stay consistent with GTD methodology as, when thinking larger projects through I build them onto its branches.

I'm finding this item quite handy so I thought I'd share it.

(By the way, everyone who benefits from mind mapping should acknowledge the contribution of the man who introduced the technique - Tony Buzan).

Attached files image_168.mmap (30.9 KB) 

hagadol

Registered
Mindomo.com also can view MindManager files.

While MindManager is a more sophisticated program, Mindomo.com is a great online version, the basic service is free.

hth

Registered
@Howard: Thanks for this map, it will help many people with this method.

Addendum to Popeyes gint to freemind: the 0.9.0 beta 15 is known to be stable and has many more features than the 0.80 stable release.

Yours
Alexander

crussell

Registered
Natural Planning Process MindMap

Howard - thanks so much for creating and uploading this Mindmap on the Natural Planning Model. I'm listening to David Allen's webinar from May 2011 on Mind mapping and he spoke of the Natural Planning Model and the usefulness of mind mapping ... and I googled and found this in the forums! Excellent! Thanks for your work and for sharing.

Howard

Registered
crussell;91342 said:
Howard - thanks so much for creating and uploading this Mindmap on the Natural Planning Model. I'm listening to David Allen's webinar from May 2011 on Mind mapping and he spoke of the Natural Planning Model and the usefulness of mind mapping ... and I googled and found this in the forums! Excellent! Thanks for your work and for sharing.

You're welcome! I'd forgotten that I'd put this file on the forum four years ago. I'd better start using map again myself!

Kind regards

Howard

S

supergtdman

Thanks for this, I wanted to create such template myself but it's so obvious that I never actually took the time. It's still very useful to be reminded about those steps sometimes.
This saved me some time and effort :D

I'm using this on iPad with iThoughtsHD, fits nicely into my support material since every project support material is stored in mind maps anyway.