Need help in changing my belief and value system

arunkw

Registered
I am doing my regular yearly review, wherein - I came across working on an exercise of changing my belief and value system . I don't know what that exercise or questionnaire would be, help of you have any info or details on this.

Attachments

• Belief system and Value system analysis.png
    Belief system and Value system analysis.png
    69.1 KB · Views: 20

treelike

Registered
I am doing my regular yearly review, wherein - I came across working on an exercise of changing my belief and value system . I don't know what that exercise or questionnaire would be, help of you have any info or details on this.
What is wrong with your current belief system? What would you hope would be better about your life if you completed this exercise?

arunkw

Registered
Nothing is wrong with my current belief system, but (#1st) I would like to better myself up, (#2nd) I don't know what my blind spots are finding those would be revelation & possibly I can work on it. I would like to lead fuller life by breaking my limiting beliefs.

treelike

Registered
The only possible way I know of changing limiting beliefs is to test those beliefs.

I don't know anything about your situation but, as an example, shyness can cause limiting beliefs in people. The solution here is for the shy person to put themselves into a social situation in which they know they will feel uncomfortable but compare how the exercise turned out versus how they thought it would. The next action could range from "Tell boss why I deserve a raise" to "Ask random person what time it is" depending on severity of the shyness.

Clearly, it needs to be a next action. In the example above, there's no point of the shy person having "Ask boss for a raise" as a next action if they are not going to do it. It needs to be challenging enough to give back useful information but not so challenging that it destroys motivation. The project could be made up with a number of next actions beginning with "Say good morning to boss" and with the final outcome of organising a meeting to tell the boss some ideas for better running his/her organisation.

Lastly, careful what you wish for. I think that people sometimes try to achieve things just to prove to the world that they can, when these things conflict with their higher horizons. On the other hand, these horizons can realign with the new information learned. The only way to find out is by testing it out.

treelike

Registered
Alternatively you could decide that life's quite good despite your limiting beliefs and the effort required to change right now would make life worse- but review it again Dec 31st 2017.

Arun

Registered
Thank you for reply treelike. I don't have any situation or any dire problems at my end. I got to learn from you that i need not rush for things. It's OK if don't have tools or ways to change my beliefs, not that I am getting disturbed or feeling unrest without it.

treelike

Registered
Thank you for reply treelike. I don't have any situation or any dire problems at my end. I got to learn from you that i need not rush for things. It's OK if don't have tools or ways to change my beliefs, not that I am getting disturbed or feeling unrest without it.
If it's got your attention then you need to deal with it. If putting it on a list gets it off your mind then great. If deleting it off your list works then that's fine too. This kind of thing has a habit of coming back though because as humans we always want to grow and "improve".