Netcentrics' GTD addin for Outlook 2016

Discussion in 'PUBLIC: Discuss Tools & Software for GTD' started by pwaara, Jul 1, 2017.

1. pwaara

pwaara Registered

I just upgraded my Outlook from 2010 to 2016 and found my Getting Things Done Addin from NetCentrics was not working. Researching it, I found out that they went out of business. I am seriously bummed. I have been using their plugin for over a decade, and it has become an integral part of my workflow. Does anyone know if I can get the latest version of GTD 3.3.22 working in Outlook 2016 64-bit on Windows 10 64-bit? It was working on Windows 10 64-bit Outlook 2010 32-bit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

~Pat

2. AntonKjaer

AntonKjaer Registered

You can run 32bit Outlook 2016 on a 64bit Windows - i think that's Worth a try.

3. pwaara

pwaara Registered

I thought I had loaded the 64-bit version of Office 2016, but upon closer inspection, I see I have the 32-bit version loaded. I thought NetCentrics had their add-in working up to Office 2016. Am I remembering incorrectly? Any other suggestions as to how to get it to run? The error I get when trying to activate it in the Add-ins menu is "Not loaded. A runtime error occurred during the loading of the COM Add-in."

4. pwaara

pwaara Registered

I am happy to report that after completely uninstalling and re-installing the add-in, GTD seems to be working again. Let's hope it works reliably and stably.

5. dstarmer

dstarmer Registered

How did you get past the license key issue? It appears that the licensing server is offline when I attempt to register my new installation.

6. pwaara

pwaara Registered