New group chat Slice of GTD Life

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
I just posted a new Slice of GTD Life interview with Barb Bailey and Dena Dahilig. We chatted this morning on the topics of motivation, fun and GTD. It's a nice, casual chat with two of your fellow members who have great things to share.

Listen here

vbampton

Administrator
I just have to thank you guys. That was a great podcast and you really made me laugh. Now everyone who saw me out walking the dogs this afternoon must think I'm a complete nutcase!

Barb

Registered
Thanks!

Very sweet of you to say something, Victoria! Kelly and Dena are SO much fun! I'm really hoping to meet them both in August.

ArtsGTD

Registered
Loved it too

Barb and Dena had me laughing as well. I totally loved their descriptions of best locations for weekly reviews.

I vote we all join Barb in her comfy den one week and Dena's grilled chicken place the next:)

vbampton

Administrator
You convinced me to buy an ipad mini too Barb! Now we've just got to convert you to a Mac.

And Dena, I really liked your list of wins.

Barb

Registered
Mac

vbampton;107158 said:
You convinced me to buy an ipad mini too Barb! Now we've just got to convert you to a Mac.

And Dena, I really liked your list of wins.

Yeah, I'd love to have a Mac I just don't have time for the learning curve right now. Someday/maybe.

And I meant to mention Dena's list of wins in my WR post. I'm trying that, along with "what brings me joy" by Siobhan (as mentioned in the interview). That list is WAY too darn short so I'm making an effort to get outside of my own head more. I watch way too much news, I think. But if anyone ever needs to know what's going on at any given moment, I'm your woman.

megedwards

GTD Connect
Barb and Dena,

Loved this podcast with Kelly. As someone who also works out of their house I related to so much of what you shared. I have to say I had the biggest laugh about being outside and not being able to stay outside coaching a client because of the wind. I was so embarrassed when my client said to me, "Are you outside?" I thought maybe you were going to share some magical tip of how to coach outside since we have that sea breeze up here in Maine all the time. :)

It was nice to get to know you both better via this podcast and thanks again for all your sharing and fabulous participation on GTD Connect.

Cheers,

Meg

Barb

Registered
Thanks!

megedwards;107262 said:
Barb and Dena,

Loved this podcast with Kelly. As someone who also works out of their house I related to so much of what you shared. I have to say I had the biggest laugh about being outside and not being able to stay outside coaching a client because of the wind. I was so embarrassed when my client said to me, "Are you outside?" I thought maybe you were going to share some magical tip of how to coach outside since we have that sea breeze up here in Maine all the time. :)

It was nice to get to know you both better via this podcast and thanks again for all your sharing and fabulous participation on GTD Connect.

Cheers,

Meg

Meg, I wish I had the answer for the wind tunnel effect but I've never found it. I've had other challenges outside too. Once, while talking with a client, I looked down to see a pretty large snake about 6 inches from my feet! Our patio furniture is really heavy and moving it is hardly quiet, but I must admit to not caring one whit at that particular moment. I pushed back that comfy chair and got myself in the house in about 3 seconds flat. Explanation to the client ensued. :D

TesTeq

Registered
Beekeeper hat?

megedwards;107262 said:
I have to say I had the biggest laugh about being outside and not being able to stay outside coaching a client because of the wind. I was so embarrassed when my client said to me, "Are you outside?" I thought maybe you were going to share some magical tip of how to coach outside since we have that sea breeze up here in Maine all the time. :)

I wonder if a beekeeper hat can help in reducing the wind noise during outside coaching sessions.

Barb

Registered
Good idea

TesTeq;107270 said:
I wonder if a beekeeper hat can help in reducing the wind noise during outside coaching sessions.

That might work. Also, who remembers the old "Get Smart" t.v. series and the cone of silence? Maybe I can get my husband to rig up a cone that drops from the roof over our patio at the touch of a button. That would be a project!

megedwards

GTD Connect
Barb;107263 said:
Meg, I wish I had the answer for the wind tunnel effect but I've never found it. I've had other challenges outside too. Once, while talking with a client, I looked down to see a pretty large snake about 6 inches from my feet! Our patio furniture is really heavy and moving it is hardly quiet, but I must admit to not caring one whit at that particular moment. I pushed back that comfy chair and got myself in the house in about 3 seconds flat. Explanation to the client ensued. :D

Barb,

Ah... the joys of working from home. :) Off to do a weekly review now. Have a great weekend.

Meg

DenaDahilig

Registered
Voting for more group chats!

Thanks, everybody, for the nice comments! Kelly really inspires some good conversation and it was lovely to finally talk to Barb after all this time.

I really like the dynamic of three voices, and I'd love to hear more Slices of GTD Life set up like that, if possible.

Hm... I have a thought for a thread... I'll be right back...

Dena

enyonam

Registered
Yay!

Just seen this (I'm really missing the fact that GTD Connect - Members Only does not work in the new iTunes) and can't wait to listen to all three ladies together in one chat!

enyonam

Registered
This software upgrade feels like a life upgrade ;)

vbampton;107506 said:
? It's working on Mac 11.0.3 version.

Good looking out Victoria - I'm on 11.0.2 so will upgrade now.
Feel like I'm about to rejoin the party ;)

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
artsinaction;107473 said:
Thanks, everybody, for the nice comments! Kelly really inspires some good conversation and it was lovely to finally talk to Barb after all this time.

I really like the dynamic of three voices, and I'd love to hear more Slices of GTD Life set up like that, if possible.

Hm... I have a thought for a thread... I'll be right back...

Dena

I will be doing more that are group chats. I loved the format.

Oogiem

Registered
Finally got to listen

I Finally got to listen to this, as another work from home person I can really relate, except instead of wind I was conducting phone calls with the baaing of sheep and the crowing of chickens in the background yesterday. Fortunately I was on the phone for about an hour talking to the State Agriculture Department folks so they understood when I had to stop for a bit due to being unable to hear.

I really enjoyed listening to this one.