Next Actions In more than one place?

S

susie

I am beginning to implement GTD. I have been implementing for several months now. But, today I got my work email Inbox to ZERO. I have several folders with items I need to deal with, but those folders are now projects. My question is this -- Is it okay to have multiple lists of next actions -- meaning I have a paper one and an electronic one at work. I have some work stuff on paper, but it seemed silly to print out items when I could just put them on my Outlook task list. How are others implementing electronically at work and paper at home? Any suggestions are welcome.

PS. I got the GTD tapes and I highly recommend them. They are helping to reinforce the methodology. :D

R

Roxanne Wells

I keep a small "at computer" list on the computer for things that don't really relate to anything else, that can only be done on the computer and that came up while I was working at the computer.

For things that do relate to projects or that come up when I'm not at the computer, I keep an "at computer" list on the palm.

IMHO, the most important thing is to get the capture done as easily & quickly as possible. I can re-arrange later if needed during the weekly review. Hope that helps, and congratulations on implementing GTD

roxwel

Scott_L_Lewis

Registered
More Than One Action List For the Same Context

suzie wrote:
My question is this -- Is it okay to have multiple lists of next actions -- meaning I have a paper one and an electronic one at work.

It is not really a problem provided that you review both lists together when you are deciding what to do next.