outlook out of work

mjgavin3

Registered
Hi all.

I use outlook for all my GTD workflow at work and have grown to really love it now I have figured it all out, the only down side is I can't sync the system due to policy restrictions from IT, therefore I don't always have my list out of work and would really like the system to manage my whole life.

Anyone else been through this and if so what tactics did you employ to manage this.

Thanks

Matt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vutpakdi

Registered
Could you sign up for Office 365 and Outlook.com and then use your work Outlook to open up the Outlook.com account?

Or, you might have to selectively export/forward mails and calendar events to the Outlook.com account (subject to your work's policies).

Ron

RJS36

Registered
Matt, I will second Ron's suggestion if your IT department will allow it. I've used both my work Exchange account and personal Office 365 together and it has been a good system for me. My challenge now is that I use Windows Outlook at work and Mac Outlook at home. The Windows version is more robust, in my opinion.

Ryan

wadehanna

Registered
I have a similar issue. My work provides us with iPhones and iPads and the Outlook Tasks come over in Reminders, which is totally useless. We also have access to Office 365, but even in 365 the Task app is not very good. It doesn't list tasks under the categories, etc. I use Todoist for my personal stuff. I like that quite a bit, but I don't like using two separate systems. Not sure what to do either.

noteus

Registered
wadehanna said:
I have a similar issue. My work provides us with iPhones and iPads and the Outlook Tasks come over in Reminders, which is totally useless. We also have access to Office 365, but even in 365 the Task app is not very good. It doesn't list tasks under the categories, etc. I use Todoist for my personal stuff. I like that quite a bit, but I don't like using two separate systems. Not sure what to do either.

I am using the NextAction! app on my iPhone 5S. It works on top of the tasks in "Reminders", so it syncs like a charm with Outlook, but at the same time, it had the best GTD interface I have seen so far. I used that same app on my BlackBerry like 8 years ago and now I got it on my iPhone. Worked and still works very well for me.