Outlook: Putting tasks on the calendar

pkgtd

Registered
Some things need to be done on a specific day, but not a specific time during the day.

How do I put this on the Outlook Calendar?

At the moment, all I can do is use the 'All Day Events'.

billjw

Registered
If I remember correctly ...

I have just finished reading (for the first time) DA's book "Making It All Work" and I think that is what he suggests. (i.e. using the all day event section) the rationale being something like the following:

"I have to get washers for the taps sometime today, but it has to be today. So I can do it any time."

I'll have aread through the book where he touches on this to see if I have it right. I'll edit this post with the page reference.

Regards

Bill

clango

Registered
Any tricks?

kelstarrising;75454 said:
In Outlook, All Day Events do not block the whole day.

Do you know any trick to have in Outlook an All Day Event written on more than one line?

clango

Registered
kelstarrising;75473 said:
I looked and did not find a way to wrap All Day Events on two lines.

I'm asking also in a newsgroup. I'll follow up if I find something.

Bye

jason.verly

Registered
Like this?

Did you want it as a block of time like this?

attachment.php

Attached files

clango

Registered
jason.verly;75476 said:
Did you want it as a block of time like this?

I'm looking for something like:

Study history:
chapter I,
chapter II

I mean on three different lines and not on only one. To use in Outlook

jason.verly

Registered
clango;75478 said:
I'm looking for something like:

Study history:
chapter I,
chapter II

I mean on three different lines and not on only one. To use in Outlook

Sorry, Event Titles as far as I know are single lines. I can see why you'd want multiple lines. I'm curious why having that on a single line won't work? Always love to hear a new perspective on someone's task list.

clango

Registered
jason.verly;75503 said:
Sorry, Event Titles as far as I know are single lines. I can see why you'd want multiple lines. I'm curious why having that on a single line won't work? Always love to hear a new perspective on someone's task list.

What happen if you have a weekly calendar view and the title is larger than the column you can see?

I have a different approach to this, suits me fine but might of course not be the right for you.
I have:
- created a category solely for day-specific actions.
- task pad settings for displaying only these actions in calendar view. Specifically the task pad shows only todays actions in this "today" category. I view actual action lists in tasks- view.

I have done this because:
- i wanted word wrap :) which can be used in task pad
- i want to able to check completed stuff off since i sometimes have loads of this for a specific day. The all-day event field gets somewhat obscure if it has 10+ events.

I usually have day-specific tasks for clarifying stuff to do when in office, or for recurring tasks - its easier to check the list of recurring tasks in one place (in tasks view).

- jukka

larea

Registered
Great idea

I have just sent this to myself to put on my list as a tweak to consider doing to my system - thanks!

clango

Registered
kelstarrising;75473 said:
I looked and did not find a way to wrap All Day Events on two lines.

Even through the newsgroup it had been confirmed is not possible write on two lines.