PalmOne Tungsten T5

S

scottr

PalmOne Tungsten T5 memory

Note the memory details form the T5 spec on PalmOne's web site. 215M of the total 256M is available to the user. Of this 215M, 55M is for applications and data and 160M can be used as flash memory.

Regards,
Scott

A

Anonymous

T5

Well Yawn-

it looks like a T3 with a 128 Meg SD card built-in. Bluetooth is a loser for me. I want 802.11 (wi-fi).

Thanks for the heads-up,
Mike

A

Anonymous

Re: T5

mcogilvie said:
Well Yawn-
it looks like a T3 with a 128 Meg SD card built-in. Bluetooth is a loser for me. I want 802.11 (wi-fi).

Yah, Palm's now officially missed the boat. PocketPC should continue strong growth against Palm. Oh well..

--Steve

TesTeq

Registered
T5

PocketPC should continue strong growth against Palm
PocketPC vendors should also work on operating system stability. In this area PalmOS shines - and for me it is very important to be sure that my PDA is instantly available with no need to hard reset it weekly.
TesTeq

ext555

Registered
Most reviewers seem to be reporting the latest version of the PPC os is as stable as the palm os.

I think it's Windows mobile 2003 ?

Paul

A

Anonymous

IPAQ 1715

Would that be the 1715?

I just bought one and am still in the "lets see if it works as good as palm" mode.

Anyone have any thoughts to share?

TesTeq

Registered
The real winner.

The real winner will be - regardless of the technological and operating system wars - the device with the following features:
-- easy to use PDA functions;
-- readable, high resolution, big color screen;
-- cell phone and wireless LAN;
-- convenient data input, backup, and synchronization;
-- small and light (small pocket size);
-- stable, dependable, secure and rugged.
Currently there is no way to make such device - small and big at the same time - but who knows what the future will bring us.
I am waiting for Nokia 9500 Communicator which seems to have most of the above mentioned features.
TesTeq

S

selowitch

Re: T5

Anonymous said:
mcogilvie said:
Well Yawn-

Yah, Palm's now officially missed the boat. PocketPC should continue strong growth against Palm. Oh well..

--Steve
Well, the Palm Tungsten C has very nice built-in Wi-Fi (802.11b) that works well for my clients. The Sony Clié and line is disappearing in the USA and Handspring only makes smartphones now (and has been acquired by Palm, leading to the return of Palm Pilot creators Donna Dubinsky and Jeff Hawkins). Where does that leave PalmOS users?

It's frustrating, too, because if you're like me, who owns and cherishes a PalmOS version 4.x device (like my Palm m515), you can't get an add-on Wi-Fi card for it.