Print/Paper Friendly "Calendar Review" Tools

Discussion in 'PUBLIC: Discuss Tools & Software for GTD' started by pod-boss, Nov 10, 2017.

1. pod-boss

pod-boss Registered

I like to see my a whole month's calendar on one-page when I'm doing my weekly review, and I'm wondering if anyone else does this too?

Right now, I use Outlook (Office 365) for my calendar. It's OK for doing this (I print 1 month/page on legal size paper) but appointment titles get cut-off and you cannot overlay two different calendars (which I would like to be able to do).

Any thoughts? Would consider replacing Outlook

2. Tinab123

Tinab123 Registered

There are a number of ways to tweak the way Outlook prints- it takes some playing with font size and print settings to get it to print to my satisfaction. If I have many appointments on a given day, they do sometimes get cut off in the traditional monthly printout no matter what I do. Monthly Outlook works best as an overview on the screen, and weekly printing yields better results IMO.

When I really need to see the whole month, I resort to getting a ruler, drawing boxes and writing it out manually in my notebook. Once conference calls and meetings start moving around, it gets messy so I use pencil unless I know it won't change. Not a very elegant solution but, it allows my brain time to think & process as I write it all down.

3. RS356

RS356 Registered

Environmental/Public Health
    When I need to print a monthly view in Outlook, I limit the included events to those that are all day only. I have a separate view that lists all events/appointments for the month in an agenda list format. It's somewhat cumbersome, which is why I prefer a weekly format. I find myself using a paper calendar more these days.

Hope this helps!