Productive Social Media Webinar

kelstarrising

Kelly | GTD expert
The replay of the Productive Social Media Webinar is now posted in audio and video formats.

We asked a couple of key questions that any of you doing social media should find helpful:
What's your purpose?
What are your agreements?
What is an inbox for you? What's not?

We primarily focused on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn, but talked about the whole topic of social media from a GTD perspective.

Thanks to Meghan Wilker for being my guest panelist!

ChristinaSkaskiw

Registered
Social media webinar

Hi,

Thanks for doing the webinar on social media and really good choice in bringing in Meghan Wilker. I just listened to the canned version and got some helpful pointers.

I find myself drowning in interesting stuff out there. I realized that this is an area where I need a lot more discipline. It's not that I spend too much time surfing, but that I rack up too much read & review material that I don't have time to read, ending up feeling overwhelmed by a huge reading back log. (I'm using readitlaterlist.com, btw.)

I'm thinking I will devote 30 or 45 minutes early morning to process my various "social media in's", but in a disciplined, stick-to-the-2-minute-rule way, and by priority, so when time is up, whatever is left is classified as not important enough. Then obviously schedule time to read and respond.

I need to change a deep-set behaviour I have: I tend to do the trivial stuff first so that I can have the luxury of then giving full attention to the things I really value. Clearly dysfunctional when it comes to surfing the web. I need to learn how to eat desert first.

This is beginning to look like a project :) Desired outcome: sustainable social media surfing routine in place.

All the best,
Christina

PS. Forum looks really nice!

Barb

Registered
Yep, it's a project

I'm on Facebook and Twitter (mostly just reading and not posting). I probably need to do something with Linked in. I really do need a strategy here.

I put it on the project list. I need to be more clear about the avalanche of information out there and just how much of it I really need to know.